FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
Managing Director, Head of Operational Rigour, US Consumer Bank
Managing Director, Head of Operational Rigour, US Consumer Bank The head of Operational Rigor & Analysis will lead a team of approximately 30 to ensure the effective development and execution of sound risk, control and conduct agenda across the US Consumer Bank. The Head of Operational Rigor & Analysis will partner with the CEO, US Consumer Bank Executive Committee and wider company stakeholders-to achieve US Consumer Bank objectives in a controlled, efficient and effective manner with a proactive and forward looking view of risk.
- End-to-end risk management: Ensure CEO, other leaders, and stakeholders have clear, end-to-end transparency and insight into how well controlled, governed and managed the US Consumer Bank is, inclusive of documenting, regardless of functional ownership.
- Controls analytics & reporting: Through the identification of root cause issues and predictive trends, support the CEO and Business Heads in the creation and execution of a plan to mitigate risks while balancing sustainable business growth.
- Executive governance: For the relevant forums, lead sound governance practices which review, assess and make recommendations to ensure a sound control environment.
- Framework design & execution: Develop sustainable frameworks and methods for ensuring rigorous strategy deployment and execution, inclusive of all aspects of risk management and control consistent with regulatory and Group expectations.
- Policies & standards: Ensure the effective and consistent implementation and operation of all applicable policies and standards (regulatory and internal), including CCO policies and standards relating to risk acceptance and issue reporting across the US Business.
- Assurance & issue remediation governance: Perform assurance activities-monitoring and testing-in coordination with CCO; work with Business Heads in supporting issue identification, root cause analysis, remediation and reporting.
- Regulatory adherence, response & governance: Act as the business contact-in coordination with Regulatory Relations-for key regulatory initiatives including oversight of submissions to regulators. Where required, engage directly with regulators on behalf of US Consumer Bank and own delivery of key programs supporting ongoing and or ad-hoc regulatory commitments. Ensure documented tracking of line by line compliance with key regulations and associated controls.
- Continuous improvement: Support the execution of business strategy overall by helping to identify and in some cases own various improvement initiatives; specifically, accountable for control improvement initiatives.
- Partner with functional heads: Liaison with other control functions. Take the lead on fostering and managing productive relationships with Heads of CCO, Compliance, Operational Risk, MLRO, Legal, Internal Audit and other Operational Rigor teams around the company.
- Conduct & risk culture: Assist CEO in reinforcing conduct expectations across the business and at all levels, ensuring "tone from the top" is clearly articulated and well understood. Help reinforce strong and consistent risk management culture within First Line of Defence and across the Bank.
- Project management: When necessary, assist in organizing and driving major programs related to our control agenda and actively participating as a stakeholder in other major change initiatives to ensure control requirements are adequately reflected in systems and process changes.
- Legal Entity controls: Ensure effective and efficient governance of BBDE Legal entity, including helping manage situations in which other businesses want to leverage the legal entity to facilitate their own growth or innovation. Assist with managing board governance where necessary, in coordination with Chief of Staff and other internal teams.
- Up to USD500000 per annum
- Wilmington, DE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick