Managing Director - Assistant Treasurer of US Retail Funds
- Not Specified
- Wilmington, DE, USA Wilmington DE US
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Sep 18 2018-09-25
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance, to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Global Accounting & Product Services (GAAPS) Business Unit Overview:
Global Accounting & Product Services (GAAPS) manages the accounting and operating control environment for BlackRock's global commingled vehicles and separately managed accounts, and provides various other administrative support functions to BlackRock’s various product ranges. Responsibilities include:
- Oversight of internal and outsourced accounting, reporting and performance functions (mutual funds, ETFs, alternatives, insurance and separately managed accounts)
- Board Governance and administration
- Product lifecycle management – launches, mergers, liquidations
- Portfolio Compliance – monitoring for adherence to product and regulatory guidelines
- Credit facilities
Product Oversight and Governance (POG) Description:
Product Oversight and Governance (POG) is a unit within GAAPS. POG teams are organized regionally to support the unique jurisdictional requirements of our various commingled fund ranges. POG teams manage the fund-level “structural” needs of the various fund ranges, including support to BlackRock business groups that create our products, and the boards of directors that oversee our funds.
Members of Product Oversight and Governance typically serve as senior officers of our fund ranges, are responsible for overseeing the funds’ overall control environment and manage numerous business affairs in support of our funds. These individuals will connect across GAAPS and Business Operations to manage product and regulatory changes within our fund ranges. Product Oversight and Governance has matrix management responsibility for the fund ranges, including activities carried out by Fund Accounting Oversight and Global Financial Reporting functions.
Assistant Treasurer – US Retail Mutual Funds
- Work with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) responsible for the US Retail mutual fund range with respect to various ongoing responsibilities
- Audit Committees – assist the CFO in managing audit committee relationships, setting agendas, issue resolution/escalation, materials preparation and presentation
- Liaise with Global Financial Reporting and Fund Accounting Oversight to assist the CFO with Sarbanes Oxley financial statement certifications
- Disclosures Control and Procedures – partnering with financial reporting team, participate in the quarterly assessment of internal controls over financial reporting
- Review and assess operating events for appropriate resolution in accordance with fund policies
- Review comments received from the SEC and other regulators and participate in preparing responses/implementing actionable items
- Perform ongoing reviews of controls within Global Financial Reporting and Fund Accounting Oversight, as part of maintaining the funds’ overall control environment
- Tax & Accounting Policy Coordination – Partner with Accounting Policy and Tax teams to establish, monitor and implement policies for various product ranges
- Lifecycle Events, Restructures & On-Boarding – Launches, liquidations, restructures, corporate action events, stock splits – assist in developing strategic solutions to support new products with unique requirements
- Industry Issues/Events – evaluate US and global regulatory changes that affect our funds; work with various Blackrock teams to assess impact and establish appropriate actions in the face of changing requirements
- Commercials – liaise with BlackRock Global Provider Strategy in negotiating fees and contracts with major service providers as business needs change
- Engage as appropriate, on business related initiatives (e.g., strategic acquisitions, conversions, mergers, etc.)
- Participate in and add value to important GAAPS strategic initiatives - e.g., fund accounting and technology service model
- Perform process reviews to identify technology opportunities
- Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) – perform annual self-assessment of risk and control environment.
- Policies and Procedures – ensure maintenance and application of relevant Product Oversight fund policies and procedures
- Business Continuity Planning – maintain and update existing business continuity plan. Participate in annual testing.
Experience and Key Competencies:
- 15 years of financial services experience in public accounting, investment management or regulatory
- Ability to build strong and collaborative relationships within the firm – both within the Product Oversight and Governance team, and with a network of internal colleagues across Blackrock.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in mutual funds and investment industry matters.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with a proven ability to prioritize effectively.
- Proven track record devising and implementing business development strategy and the ability to utilize teams effectively in order to execute strategy.
- Strong leadership of a high-performing team.
Results Orientation – A drive to execute will be based on discipline, client service mentality, building partnerships and demonstrating sound judgment and decisiveness. This individual wants to consistently raise performance standards. This is an energetic and resourceful individual with dedication, drive and stamina.
Operational Skill –The ability to organize and manage projects, upgrade, correct or develop capabilities should be evident in the individual’s background. He/she should be capable of translating ideas into action, coordinating projects that involve many different specialized people and making things h
Communication Skills – The candidate is an effective team player who creates an atmosphere in which people work together to produce superior results. The person is also a good listener with good interpersonal skills and a natural, effective, consultative style. The candidate must have leadership presence and be able to communicate effectively at all levels in the organization.
Influencing Skills – An ability to influence senior management, external service providers, outsourcing partners, business unit managers, and legal and risk advisors is central to this role. This requires achieving credibility and respect in the institution based on knowledge and experience as well as interpersonal style. The individual will be able to influence at very senior levels and at lower levels.
Cultural Fit – The culture of the organization is about building scale and efficiency, active engagement and is business focused. Individuals are empowered within their roles or functions, are self-directed and have a drive for results. The firm values quality, emphasizes transparency, seeks open communication and insists on integrity. Individuals are expected to be able to live with ambiguity, handle periodic stresses and manage problems effectively.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.