Investment Compliance, Vice President - DEL
- Not Specified
- Wilmington, DE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Oct 18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The Portfolio Compliance Group (PCG) is a global team within the Business Operations department at BlackRock. The team is responsible for implementing controls and processes to ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory and portfolio guidelines. The team fulfills this mission primarily by extracting, analyzing, coding and monitoring client, regulatory and internal investment guidelines on the firm’s Aladdin system. The team is engaged with and provides services to many other departments and functions across the firm, including: portfolio management, trading, client services, technology, operations and legal.
We are looking to add an experienced team member to our growing team in Delaware to oversee compliance, administration and financial reporting for a range of Collateralized Debt Obligations (“CDOs”), Collateralized Loan Obligations (“CLOs”) and other structured products managed by BlackRock.
- Assist with day-to-day compliance support including:
- oversight of daily Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLO) compliance testing;
- developing and maintaining financial models for CLOs pursuant to the deal indenture requirements (including waterfall payment structures, coverage and collateral eligibility tests);
- running hypothetical scenario analysis to project the impact of specific trading strategies on deal compliance and distributions;
- Review trustee monthly and distribution reports for accuracy and reconcile information to internal records;
- Assist with managing relationships with trustees, administrators and custodian banks;
- Perform due diligence and documentation review relating to the issuance of new CLOs and structured products;
- Perform other periodic internal reporting (e.g. regulatory reporting, fund metrics, AUM, fee revenue, investor data);
- Respond to ad hoc requests from other BlackRock groups including portfolio management, legal and client-facing teams;
- Participate in other group projects and initiatives as requested.
Experience and Required Skills:
The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of structured product vehicles and 3-7 years prior experience working in a CDO/CLO support role in a compliance, administration, or trustee capacity.
In addition, we are looking for the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance (CFA is a plus);
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Strong analytical abilities and detail oriented;
- Demonstrable knowledge of fixed income and derivative financial instruments;
- Intermediate to expert Excel skills;
- Experience with Wall Street Office software applications is a plus
- Above all, the candidate must possess initiative and creativity, and be able to effectively direct and supervise others to achieve desired goals.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.