About this role About BlackRock At BlackRock we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $6 trillion of assets we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement,
About this role About BlackRock
At BlackRock we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $6 trillion of assets we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for university, buy a home and improve their financial well-being. Experience what it feels like to be part of an organization that makes a difference! For additional information on BlackRock, please visit: www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock Team Overview
IAG provides accounting and regulatory data services to over 25 insurance clients (AUM of $300bn) who have outsourced their accounting function to BlackRock. Our Accounting Services include the accurate preparation and oversight of monthly accounting packages and support schedules, including regulatory returns and statutory reporting. As well as working with clients to deliver our services, the IAG team also supports client changes through corporate and other developments.
We are investing in new Aladdin technology and integrating this with PAM for Investments to develop an integrated accounting and risk platform and the industry-leading investment accounting provider. We are currently recruiting for an investment accountant with a base knowledge of investment products and accounting technical skills across multiple accounting basis – i.e. GAAP and US Statutory. Role Responsibility
- Develop a detailed knowledge of BlackRock’s capabilities, products and services for insurance companies;
- Build a strong understanding of assigned clients and accounting processes, including: portfolio structure, objectives, and accounting requirements;
- Keep apprised of the implications of the evolving regulatory landscape and new accounting pronouncements to ensure compliance by our insurance company, across multiple bases of accounting i.e. IFRS, US Statutory, US GAAP, etc.;
- Coordinate and lead all aspects of ongoing investment accounting support projects for existing clients;
- Develop and implement action plans to address and properly prioritize feedback provided by the client;
- Assist clients in various ad-hoc analyses and provide input relating to the treatment and impact of accounting pronouncements;
- Support business growth, implementation of new clients, and client retention by building partnerships with other BlackRock teams to ensure excellent client service and client satisfaction;
- Prepare and meet with client and internal partners to discuss overall relationship, new initiatives and improvements, accounting questions and concerns, client relationship targets, etc.;
- Support the improvement of our overall service offering by:
- Contributing to the continual development of the investment reporting production and control processes to optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and incorporate business and product changes, ensuring procedures are maintained in line with all current practices
- Assisting with the creation of development specification documents to drive enhancement in team processes and client reporting
- An understanding of current requirements of the accounting standards and regulatory requirements and a proactive interest in keeping up to date with the industry
- Ability to communicate effectively and build strong relationships
- Capable of multi-tasking and balancing multiple requests in a fast-paced environment without losing sight of deliverables
- The role would suit a qualified accountant (CPA, ACA, CIMA or ACCA); experience and knowledge of the insurance sector (not a requirement)
- Strong and effective communication skills to deal directly with clients and across all levels of staff and management
- Experience working with automated accounting and front/middle office applications including State Street PAM accounting system and BlackRock Aladdin (a plus)
- Conducting special projects and initiatives to enhance the service offering
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products - Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- BS Degree in a Field of Study such as Finance or Accounting, or equivalent
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Travel : Minimal
- Direct Reports: No
- Licenses: No
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.96 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock |
Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.