Internal Auditor of Technology, AVP
- Wilmington, DE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays - US
- 18 Feb 19
Work collaboratively with others across BIA, while developing strong client relationships which are independent and be seen as a respected voice. Support delivery of BIA Audit Plan.
- Support the Vice President in scoping the audit where necessary.
- Identify, assess & document risks and controls.
- Complete testing.
- Evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of controls & document this understanding in the BIA audit toolkit.
- Update the Vice President and audit team with progress and observations.
- Write high quality audit observations and support the Audit Lead in writing the report.
- Provide suggestions to management for actions to address control issues identified.
- Proactively take on additional tasks as requested by Vice Presidents/Directors/Managing Directors.
- Suggest practical ways of improving the work they do and apply where appropriate.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Build strong relationships and mutual trust with all BIA colleagues
- Build a respected and independent relationship with external colleagues and stakeholders
- Discuss and agree the factual accuracy of audit observations with clients/Vice President/Director as appropriate.
- Own and drive personal learning to support achievement of career aspirations.
- Provide constructive feedback and evaluation to team members for audit assignments.
- Act as buddy to less experienced team members and support others to develop.
- Share knowledge with BIA colleagues and stakeholders in the business as appropriate with an independent mind set. Be open to learn from others through feedback given to you.
- Treat all colleagues fairly, regardless of background or circumstance.
- Be comfortable to challenge others; be prepared to be challenged.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Take into account reputation of Barclays at all times, through positive interactions and following policy and process.
- Sets an example and supports fair and ethical behaviour in all colleagues.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.