- Wilmington, DE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Head of ECM Strategy / Senior Group Manager (PPM)
Head of ECM Strategy / Senior Group Manager (PPM)
- Primary Location: United States,Delaware,Wilmington
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18053217
Citi Branded Cards provides payment and credit solutions to consumers and small businesses, with more than 47 million accounts globally. The US Branded Cards business serves over 33 million accounts, comprising of Citi Branded Cards Proprietary and partner card products including Costco, American Airlines, AT&T and Expedia.
The Head of PPM ECM Strategy will be responsible for managing all Existing Customer Management (ECM) credit policies for the ~$48B PPM portfolio within the US Branded Cards PPM umbrella. The role will encompass all aspects of ECM policy areas with the express objective of optimization of ECM programs within risk appetite. The role requires integrative thinking to optimize across various areas or customer touch points as well as a significant level of negotiating and influencing skills to be able to articulate and deliver on a vision for the continued growth of the ECM portfolio. This individual will manage a team of 17 FTE, in addition to 5 offshore staff. This position reports directly to the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) PPM Products.
The key responsibilities for the Senior Group Manager of ECM Credit strategies include:
- Own the entire spectrum of Existing Customer Management (ECM) credit policies across the PPM Product suite.
- End-to-end ownership of credit policy for all ECM programs for the PPM portfolio including Credit Line Increase (CLI), Credit Line Decrease (CLD), Balance Consolidation (Balcon), Authorizations (both Over-limit and Delinquent), Sales Growth, Retention, Inactive account closure and card re-issue.
- Optimize the risk - reward equation for all ECM policies, calibrate risk appetite thresholds, and maximize value generation from the existing customer base.
- Partner with relevant teams to ensure appropriate controls, execution and a nimble operating environment that responds quickly to changing macro-economic trends, customer spend and payment patterns, competitive landscape etc.
- Develop and execute on a well-thought out, foundational testing agenda to continually optimize the value generation of the various ECM actions.
- Engage in integrating the best-in-class tools available for decision making including machine learning models, alternate data etc.
- Work closely with the Operations teams to ensure best customer experience while maintaining robust risk management principles.
- Visualize and execute on an integrated approach for managing the ECM customer base by studying the P&L dynamics of combining one or more of these ECM actions.
- Establish a framework through which the impact of sequencing and combining actions such as OCL and CLI, Balcon and CLI, CLD and Auth. Etc. could be understood.
- Execute well-designed cross-policy tests to calibrate such ECM actions in order to optimize value generation from ECM base.
- The role involves a significant level of coordination and interaction with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Independent risk: Maintain active dialogue with second line of defense to ensure resilience of the programs as well as flawless governance.
- In-Business teams: Lead and influence in-business teams (DM, Marketing, Finance) in setting the vision for the ECM area, partner with MIM and in-business execution teams to ensure flawless execution of programs and campaigns.
- Engage internal risk partners as appropriate particularly during financial planning cycles, policy change cycles, PERA financial forecasting, risk appetite and in developing innovative modeling solutions.
- Regulatory teams: Be the "face-of-ECM" for the PPM portfolio in meetings with OCC, Fed, CFPB, internal legal, fair lending, FCR and IA teams.
- Build a best-in-class analytics organization.
- Hire the best talent, continue current momentum of using College-as-a-Source (CaaS) for sourcing analytical talent, collaborate with people managers in the rest of the organization to facilitate appropriate career opportunities for colleagues.
- Inspire and lead senior risk managers and analysts, provide the right level of coaching and incremental challenges.
- Ensure high quality performance and output from offshore teams partnering with the relevant team leads, maintaining optimal balance in work and resource allocation between onshore vs. offshore teams.
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative discipline - engineering, statistics, mathematics (Masters preferred)
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in designing credit policy, financial and analytics consulting etc.
- Demonstrated excellence in managing analytical teams - must have experience in delivering large-scale credit policy changes and communicating them to a diverse audience.
- Experience in managing and negotiating with stakeholders to further a common agenda in a matrix environment.
- Ability to prioritize and project manage in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Cards P&L and business, with the ability to anticipate downstream impacts of policy changes or hypothesis/idea generation.
- A penchant for driving executional and analytical excellence through personal examples and ability to effectively engage and inspire the team.
Key Collaboration Points:
• Decision Management
• Card Sales and Marketing
• Model Development
• Credit Operations
• Global Risk
• Product Teams