Cognizant is looking for Python/AWS Developer to join our Artificial Intelligence and Analytics practice (AIA) for a remote project. As a trusted advisor, responsible for providing an approach for the overall project. As a domain specialist, you will drive technology discussions and analyze the existing gaps in addressing business needs. You are a thought leader-comfortable challenging the status quo to enhance our current services and technologies.
About AI & Analytics: Artificial intelligence (AI) and the data it collects and analyzes will soon sit at the core of all intelligent, human-centric businesses. By decoding customer needs, preferences, and behaviors, our clients can understand exactly what services, products, and experiences their consumers need. Within AI & Analytics, we work to design the future—a future in which trial-and-error business decisions have been replaced by informed choices and data-supported strategies.
By applying AI and data science, we help leading companies to prototype, refine, validate, and scale their AI and analytics products and delivery models. Cognizant's AIA practice takes insights that are buried in data, and provides businesses a clear way to transform how they source, interpret and consume their information. Our clients need flexible data structures and a streamlined data architecture that quickly turns data resources into informative, meaningful intelligence. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
Locations preferred but not limited to: VA / DE / Dallas, TX Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture, Assemble large, sophisticated data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘Big data' technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to deliver impactful insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with partners including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
· Candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
· 3+ years of experience (Mid-level) Strong Programming experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python/Scala, Spark.
· 3+ years of experience (Mid-level) Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Apache Spark, Kafka, etc
· 1+ years of experience with AWS cloud services: S3, EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
· Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc. (Nice to have)
· 1+ Years of experience with relational SQL, Snowflake and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra. Cognizant will not be able to provide sponsorship for this role. Candidates have the option of working remotely.