- Wilmington, DE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Fraud Risk Senior Manager
Fraud Risk Senior Manager
- Primary Location: United States,Delaware,Wilmington
- Other Location: United States,Illinois,Elk Grove Village; United States,Maryland,Hagerstown
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18069693
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Fraud Risk Senior Manager
Citi is looking for an energetic, motivated professional to join its Citi Retail Services Fraud Detection Analytics team as fraud risk manager. In this role, you will be facing off against intelligent, adaptive perpetrators of financial crime. Your primary responsibilities will be analyzing, designing and implementing transactional fraud mitigation strategies while maximizing client experience across multiple Retail portfolios, including 3D Secure space and digital wallets. You must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and enjoy moving rapidly from one task to the next.
- Lead development and implementation of effective Fraud detection and prevention strategies to mitigate fraud losses while ensuring an appropriate balance between risk and customer experience at application, point of sale and within client contact points.
- Proactively identify fraud detection issues at the strategy and portfolio level and provide analytical/modeling solutions.
- Manage large scale end to end projects, including vendor score business case development, technology implementation, score model upgrades, and technological implementation assessments.
- Leverage customer data to build risk segmentation and mitigation strategies.
- Complete complex analyses identifying authentication strategy and procedure gaps, manage implementation process across several business groups to affect change.
- Lead the team of 2-3 fraud analysts with the focus on their development in the fraud risk management space and fraud loss mitigation techniques and principles; assist junior analysts with prioritization of work and demonstrate Though Leadership when guiding the team.
- Identify portfolio monitoring gaps and work with MIS team to develop and build necessary reporting.
- The position requires substantial interaction with Policy, Operations, Credit Risk, and other functional business partners to optimize business strategies.
- Apply subject matter expertise to the prioritization and planning of projects in conjunction with fraud management policies and strategies.
- Adhere to strict audit and control requirements; participate in audit related activities and assist Citi Retails Services Fraud Analytics Team Lead with completion of the audit and compliance related activities.
- Must be able to effectively provide updates and communicate key initiatives to senior management.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or a related quantitative field. Master's degree is highly desirable.
- Minimum 5+ years of Credit Cards related experience or 5+ years analysis and data mining experience preferably in a risk management context.
- Experience with writing and implementing fraud strategies in leading fraud decision engines is desired.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in statistical and data analysis with working knowledge of at least one of the following statistical software packages: SAS/SQL (required), SPSS, or equivalent. SAS Enterprise Miner experience is a plus.
- Experience with UNIX desired. Python, R a plus.
- The successful candidate will have a demonstrable analytic, problem solving, and leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.