- Wilmington, DE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Fraud Risk Senior Analyst
Fraud Risk Senior Analyst
- Primary Location: United States,Delaware,Wilmington
- Other Location: United States,Texas,Irving
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18038218
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Fraud Risk Senior Analyst
About Cyber Fraud Prevention Group
With increasing focus on Digital, it is imperative for us at Citi to further protect our customers and our franchise from the emerging environmental risks related to financial fraud. Cyber-enabled tools have become more sophisticated and available, enabling fraudsters to effect damage at much greater speed and scale than before. The Cyber Fraud Prevention (CFP) team's mandate is to predict and deter significant fraud across our Global Consumer Business, leveraging an "all source intelligence" led approach and real-time knowledge transfer amongst GCB Fraud Teams, Security Operations, Citi Security & Investigative Services (CSIS) and other Citi security functions, as well as Law Enforcement and other external institutions to prevent and disrupt significant fraud along the entire fraud lifecycle.
Role & Responsibilities:
This role resides in the Cyber Fraud Strategy (CFS) team of the Cyber Fraud Prevention organization, responsible for conducting analytics to detect and escalate changes or anomalies in portfolio performance and behavior that could be indicators of potential fraud risk by leveraging statistical models, visual analytics, data science techniques, partnering closely with regional fraud teams and Security Operations Center (SOC).
The CFS Analyst is responsible for 1) developing, maintaining and optimizing alerts designed to detect changes and anomalies within portfolio behaviors that may be harbingers of future fraud loss; 2) acting as a Subject Matter Expert as it relates to data sources and coding, and working with the appropriate teams in order to enable the Fraud Fusion Center and SOC to perform their duties by leveraging timely, complete and accurate data.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of existing fraud Fusion Center alerts and recommend enhancements to improve fraud detection and reduce false positives.
- Support development and implementation of the new alerts.
- Engage with key partners in NA Fraud, Global Fraud, Fusion Center and Security Operations Center to develop requirements for new data needs.
- Ensure the quality, accuracy and completeness of data available and alerting process.
- Identify data pain points (e.g. frequency, lack of data) and work on the projects with the appropriate IT team to resolve the pain point.
- Partner with Business Intelligence teams who store key data in order to determine opportunities to extract directly from EDW/Teradata.
- Partner with the Fraud MIS infrastructure leads to establish new data transmissions to the Fusion Center.
- Partner with the Fraud Web Application team to explore opportunities for the Security Operations Center to use web-based tools for Fraud MIS SQL server data for their investigations of alerts.
- Coordinate the testing and validation of data transmissions between Fraud and the Big Data EAP environment.
- Provide support on projects to ensure data needs are captured accurately and to drive requirements for data formatting and mapping as necessary.
- Assist with on-going production support for data feeds sent to either the Fusion Center or SOC.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred) in Statistics, Analytics, Data Science, or Computer Science required
- 4+ years of experience in financial services or risk management (experience in fraud management highly preferred).
- Understanding of financial crimes, in particular cyber fraud means and threats a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of the Cards business and risk management concepts and practices, and performance implications of policy/actions a plus.
- Excellent quantitative and analytic skills and data-driven mindset; ability to derive patterns, trends and insights, and perform risk/reward trade-off.
- Effective cross-functional project, resource, and stakeholder management. Effectively engage with internal and external auditors.
- Proficient in SAS/SQL and MS Office. Experience with the following programming languages (e.g. Python, R) and analytical tools (Enterprise Miner, Knowledge Studio, H2O, Alpine, Tableau) and big data tools (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Spark) highly desirable.
- Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to create and deliver compelling presentations, translating complex material into narrative suitable to a variety of audiences.
- Solutions-oriented "can do" attitude, with ability to challenge status-quo and drive innovation via thought leadership while maintaining end-to-end view.
- Ability to prioritize and reprioritize work and make decisions independently with limited guidance from management.
- Extremely detail-oriented, with strong; intellectual curiosity. Ability to set and meet high standards.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and work in a fast-paced and evolving environment.