- Wilmington, DE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Fraud Risk Officer - Fraud Digital Analytics
Fraud Risk Officer - Fraud Digital Analytics
- Primary Location: United States,Delaware,Wilmington
- Other Location: United States,Florida,Jacksonville; United States,Texas,Irving
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18062980
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Fraud Risk Officer
Citi is looking for an energetic, motivated professional to join its Digital Fraud Analytics team as Fraud Risk Officer. In this role, you will be facing off against intelligent, adaptive perpetrators of financial crime. Your primary responsibilities will be analyzing, designing and implementing fraud mitigation strategies while maximizing client experience. Key areas of focus will be account take over/online fraud application digital strategy implementation including assessments of non-monetary account changes, session data, authentication results, and fund transfers/P2P payments across various retail/credit cards accounts. You must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and enjoy moving rapidly from one task to the next.
Combatting financial crime demands a forward thinking, investigative mindset where aggressively pursuing data based solutions is required. A data science background is highly desirable. Citi is looking for someone with the ability to find solutions with modeling techniques such as machine learning, decision trees, unstructured data analytics, random forests and regression analyses. Highly qualified candidates will be technically adept but also have a track record of swiftly pursuing real world solutions and avoiding the diminishing marginal returns of analysis paralysis.
Key responsibilities include:
- Help in the development and implementation of fraud prevention strategies for digital channels (mobile and web) and continuously manage and optimize those strategies across the different fraud prevention systems
- Optimize existing controls and strategies to improve client experience and/or reduce fraud loss exposure, fully complying with internal policies and applicable laws and regulations
- Support large scale projects including testing and deployment of new vendor scores/models and manage large scale end to end projects
- Partner in decision quality/defect reviews to identify strategy opportunities on incurred fraud losses and oversee complex analyses identifying authentication and procedure improvement opportunities.
- Leverage customer and industry data to build risk segmentation and mitigation strategies.
- Complete complex analyses identifying authentication strategy and procedure gaps, manage implementation process across several business groups to affect change.
- The position requires substantial interaction with Policy, Operations, and other functional business partners to optimize business strategies.
- Apply subject matter expertise to the prioritization and planning of projects in conjunction with fraud management policies and strategies.
- Must be able to effectively provide updates and communicate key initiatives to senior management.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or a related quantitative field. Master's degree is highly desirable.
- Minimum 5+ years of banking fraud analytics or 5+ years analysis and data mining experience preferably in a risk management context.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in statistical and data analysis with working knowledge of at least one of the following statistical software packages: SAS/SQL (required) SPSS, or equivalent.
- Experience with UNIX desired. Hadoop, python, R, Hive, Pig are a plus.
- The successful candidate will have a demonstrable analytic, problem solving, and leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Online products like Iovation, Threat Metrix and RSA decision engine is a plus.