Fraud Risk Officer - Control Automation
The Business Risk Officer is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family. Responsibilities:
- Develop and design Preventative Controls and Monitoring activities across all Fraud Prevention LOBs: Prevent customer harm by ensuring systems and processes are designed to eradicate risk and enable rapid detection and resolution. Quickly identifying control breaks and gaps and take corrective actions.
- Corrective Action Plans - Execution and Planning.
- Works across Fraud Prevention LOBs to assess control effectiveness, identify performance risks, and provide innovative solutions for control and monitoring development and/or enhancements when applicable.
- Communication of assessment results to Business Heads and partners, enabling Fraud Prevention to achieve Business Control goals
- Responsible for monitoring key performance metrics, monitoring results and risk trends to identify risks and opportunities to drive audit ready results.
- Engage with Support Groups (Policy Execution, Fraud Prevention, CBORC etc.) to ensure functional alignment on Prevention process and control objectives.
- Responsible for the management of significant projects; manages ARCM framework with a large amount of independence.
- Develops and exercises business plans, policies and procedures and may also be responsible for various projects to improve efficiencies.
- Identifies stakeholders and key organizations and build and manage relationships.
- Directs the creation of multiple automation projects of work and manage their alignment to business goals.
- Leads the facilitation, coordination, and arbitration of cross functional macro level topics within/across projects and with Senior Management.
- Leads the identification and drive resolution of issues, including those outside established projects of work with stakeholders to ensure project scope definition.
- Meets business objectives and work with project sponsor to ensure business case/cost benefit analysis is in line with business objectives tied to Control Automation.
- Directs the communication of status, issue, and risk disposition to all stakeholders, including Senior Management, on a timely basis.
- Directs the identification of risks which impact project delivery and ensure mitigation strategies are developed and executed when necessary.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years relevant work experience in Business Risk & Controls
- MS Excel, Automation Tools/Experience, ARCM process, and Control experience plus. 5+ years' experience in financial services.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organizational influencing skills required.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to see the big pictures with high attention to critical details
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategy and process improvement initiatives.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and influence others; strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and influence people at all levels within the organization.
- Expertise in Risk Management, Business Control and Fraud principles with a demonstrated ability to drive the achievement of strong control environment.
- Excellent organizational, project/program management skills with proven experience driving large, dynamic programs with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of complex and highly variable/ sensitive information with substantial business impact.
- Technical expert and known internally and externally as reliable, knowledgeable resource.
- Clear understanding of Citi's' different businesses and the related economics.
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
Risk Management Job Family:
Business Risk & Controls Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting