Fraud Investigator - Subpoena Specialist
- Wilmington, DE, USA Wilmington DE US
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays - US
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
Overall purpose of role The Internal Fraud Investigator serves as a subject knowledge expert for all subpoena inquires supplied by the federal government and law enforcement agencies. They are a knowledge resource for operational policies and procedures, handle escalated subpoena inquiries and engage managers as necessary for atypical situations.
- Serve as knowledge resource by maintaining a hands-on presence, answering questions, taking escalated calls, etc.
- Act as SME for all subpoena fulfilment
- Logging all Criminal/Civil Subpoena notifications from Federal Law Enforcement and Criminal Subpoenas from the State, and local law enforcement, logging the receipt of the subpoena, determining the subpoena was properly served and, if so fulfilling the subpoena
- Support the management team with ensuring proper work assignment & completion occurs for the business
- Monthly/daily reporting on volumes
- Receiving and processing restitution payments
- Update and alert management staff of any trend
- Partner with the legal team on trends, industry changes, and any communication to agencies who sent the subpoena
- Other duties as assigned
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
The Internal Fraud Investigator will interact with many key stakeholders internally and externally. It is the expectation of a colleague in the Internal Fraud Investigator role that they maintain corporate values at all times; individually and across the colleague population.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
The Internal Fraud Investigator is responsible for making judgmental decisions based off from the use of their analytical skills while incorporating account and application key fraud indicators. Additionally, it is imperative that their decision making skills are incorporated into Barclays' corporate culture and vision where applicable. When appropriate it is the Internal Fraud Investigator duty to ensure they escalate any concern that could place a colleague or the brand at risk.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.