Director- Compliance Advisory
- Base salary, bonus and excellent benefits.
- Wilmington, DE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- The Forum Group
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
Our client, a well regarded financial services firm is seeking a Director level candidate to oversee it's Credit Card business. The team supplies advice to the business on new and existing products, processes and services to ensure a clear and effective framework of compliance and Conduct Risk is in place. The individual is also responsible for overseeing regulatory and Conduct risk of in the US. Finally, the job holder is responsible for working with the Director Compliance Program Management regarding the implementation and oversight of the compliance policies.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
• Reviews and analyzes new regulations for business impact and completes complex, advanced risk assessments with regards to implementation of policies and procedures to comply with these regulations. Manages analyses and root cause identification; develops and recommends innovative compliance solutions impacting the organization.
• Establishes aggressive Compliance Advisory related goals for the organization and effectively monitors to ensure achievement.
• Develops, designs and delivers innovative compliance strategies to senior leadership.
• Advise first line on implementation of business requirements and identifies outstanding compliance issues. Develops detailed and realistic action plans for advancing compliance initiatives and for resolving outstanding compliance issues, and shows drive and initiative in their execution.
• Anticipates how the organization must adapt to changes in the financial industry to sustain competitive advantage, and then manages that change. Leverages innovation to manage and improve compliance processes.
• Applies expert knowledge of the business, its products and processes. Maintains expert knowledge of the competitive/regulatory landscape and the company's key challenges. Serves as the technical expert, providing direction to others on complex issues, and mentoring to increase compliance competencies.
• In conjunction with the Regulatory Relations Team, coordinates and responds to regulatory requirements and requests, and ensures the execution of conduct examinations.
• Accountable for achieving Team and personal objectives and results; provides guidance to cross functional team members to ensure goal achievement and team success.
• In addition, works with members of the US Compliance Leadership team to develop, implement, execute, and maintain the US Compliance Program. This program involves responsibility for compliance with all fair lending laws and regulations, including but not limited to the Equal Credit Opportunity Act ECOA) and Regulation B, and the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and Regulation C; and the Community Reinvestment Act and Regulation BB. Works with members of the US Compliance Leadership team to manage the US Compliance Program to ensure that it contains elements for training, monitoring, risk assessment, controls, reporting, and remediation of identified deficiencies. Maintains current awareness of legislative developments and a working knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations as they relate to US product, processes and services.
Stakeholder management and leadership.
• Utilizes sophisticated leadership and collaborative skills in interacting with compliance stakeholders or regulatory agencies. Shows adaptability and fosters cooperation across team and organizational units. Builds consensus and morale through understanding of underlying team dynamics and by coaching and promoting development of team relationships.
• Leads and positively motivates cross functional team members in strategy development and implementation of compliance solutions. Identify issues and potential solutions, and leads cross functional teams through the problem resolution process
• Fosters open communication, and manages conflict, while negotiating solutions with and influencing senior leadership. Develops and delivers all types of messages effectively and with impact.
• Demonstrates awareness of personal leadership style and works to achieve quality results by engaging, motivating and inspiring highly skilled team of compliance professionals. Builds processes and establishes trusting relationships that facilitate productive teamwork.
Decision making and problem solving.
• Provides compliance input on sophisticated and often complex business action plans, projects or operational requests. Advises senior management on issues and has the ability and the authority to make sound decisions
• Serves as the primary resource for cross functional team members on escalated issues of a unique nature.
Your Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Bachelor's degree
• 10+ years financial services (i.e, risk, audit, compliance).
• 5+ years of regulatory compliance or legal experience.
• Expert knowledge of regulatory compliance
• Expert knowledge of relevant regulatory data sources.
• Expert knowledge of relevant industry regulations (e.g., Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act).
• Good general knowledge with some detailed knowledge of products/functions outside of day to day area supported. Able to engage with senior heads of relevant business area and understands the challenges facing their business.
• Understand the business strategy and how the success of own delivery impacts on strategy.
• Effectively manage and develop relationships with key decision-makers and stakeholders to achieve successful outcomes.
• Ability to check and challenge client and still maintain excellent relationships and achieve client satisfaction.
• Use of stakeholder management strategy effectively and know how to navigate the organisation.