Cyber operations Intelligence Lead
Description About this role
The Global Information Security group mission is to evaluate, establish, maintain and monitor compliance with information security controls that protect the Company's information and computer systems.
The group is led globally by the Chief Information Security Officer, with regional representation by the Regional Information Security Officers in EMEA and APAC. There are five global functional teams across our pillars of Governance, Strategy, Awareness, Risk Advisory and Monitoring & Metrics.
• Cyber Operations which provides global 24x7 operation center responsible for cyber monitoring, incident response, cyber threat intelligence, cyber forensics and vulnerability management. Also responsible for coordinating firm-wide functional engagement and escalation of cyber security issues and delivering firm-wide awareness of cyber security issues
• Cyber Risk Assessments & Governance which assesses cyber risk in our environment through governance, risk and compliance. This includes overseeing a penetration testing program, reducing vulnerabilities, and partnering with vendor management to assess supplier cyber risk.
• Cyber Architecture Services which is responsible for analyzing and assessing cyber architecture and emerging technologies in addition to defining the platform security standards and delivering cyber analytics
• Cyber Analytics which develops quantitative processes and solutions to measure, automate, and model Information Security controls.
• Access & Identity Management which delivers Identity Management, and Access automation in support of Aladdin and in partnership with Human Resources for joiners / movers and leavers Responsibilities
The Cyber Operations Intelligence Lead will build and operate a threat intelligence function, enhancing well established threat research and reporting capabilities. This position offers the opportunity to bring meaningful analysis of the evolving threat landscape to a global stakeholder audience.
• Control the intelligence lifecycle and coordinate the threat research activities in place across Cyber Operations
• Work with stakeholders to identify intelligence and reporting requirements and regularly assess whether this reporting is meeting the customers' needs
• Ensure Intelligence Collection Plans are maintained and requirements are regularly reviewed
• Expand intelligence-specific products and exploit opportunities for threat intelligence led cyber security
• Participate in threat sharing communities and directly support communication to broad non-specialist audiences
• Collaborate with technical teams to identify, resolve, and mitigate events
• Perform investigation and escalation for complex or high severity security threats or incidents
• Provide advice and guidance on the response action plans for information risk events and incidents
This position is suited to a candidate with passion for intelligence led decision making and a proven ability to bring clarity in complex research analysis. Experience
We are looking for experienced candidates who have built their career towards an intelligence leadership role. Direct experience in Information Security is helpful but not essential. The ideal candidate will possess:
- 5+ years' experience in information security, security research or general intelligence role
- Strong knowledge of the intelligence lifecycle
- Experience supporting incident response or investigations
- Experience tracking threat actor developments, building relationships across organizations and researching threat landscape
- Strong technical writing skills and experience with analytical tradecraft
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Other personal characteristics:
- Integrity and the highest ethical standards
- Confident and comfortable presenting to a senior audience
- Self-starter with the personal drive to achieve superior performance
- Courage of convictions and the ability to respectfully debate the status quo
- Natural curiosity and desire to always learn
Option to work Remotely About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.