Credit Strategy Manager - Retail Credit Cards
Company Overview About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com . Department Overview
The Credit Risk team is primarily focused on making recommendations to the business and managing risk strategy through a balanced risk/reward approach and managing our customer experience while building strong partnerships across the organizations with our control partners. Responsible for, but not limited to, development, monitoring, and management of acquisition and account underwriting criteria and exposure management; adherence to enterprise policies, procedures and processes; oversight of fraud and collections strategy and operations; cards loss forecasting and portfolio monitoring; and merchant solutions underwriting and monitoring. Job Description
The Credit Strategy leader is a critical role responsible for leading the creation, implementation and validation of risk strategies across consumer life-cycle. This includes credit adjudication & initial line management, line management (CLI/CLD), first party fraud, risk segmentation, and financial return optimization for the Retail Card Services partnership business covering over multiple partners. This leader will report into Head of Credit for RCS and provide critical information, interpretative, and detailed analysis, and deploys credit risk strategies that ensures the decisions are made within the TD risk appetite and adhere to all governmental requirements and guidelines.
• Responsible for the design and implementation of Credit Management Acquisition underwriting, Line Assignment, and existing account management strategies
• Enhance test & learn strategy discipline, and monthly reviews with senior management to proactively identify Risks and opportunities for the partner
• Be the thought leader in proactively testing data sources (traditional and alternative), strategy development techniques, champion-challenger design to maximize p&l growth within an established Bank Risk appetite.
• Collaborates with product and other control partners to ensure strategies meet control partner requirements and regulatory standards
• Performs first occurrence validation (FOV) of strategies to ensure proper implementation, and timely strategy validation exercises to ensure performance meets expectations
• Act as change agent to drive analytical engagement, including segmentation to maximize operational efficiencies Requirements
• Performs functions noted for Risk Manager I.
o Demonstrates governance, control and risk management behaviors in alignment with TD policies and practices
o Leads/participates in the identification, development and implementation of new initiatives, operating workflow, additional services/applications or operational efficiencies including potentially leading special project teams or cross functional work groups
o Assists with developing and enhancing credit risk assessment capabilities to identify and maintain good business opportunities with new and existing clients
o Performs detailed analysis and interprets information to make recommendations to Senior Management on critical strategies including non-standard and ad-hoc requests as determined by management
o Creates reports on the results of implemented strategies, using all appropriate quantitative methods and MIS, and makes recommendations to increase efficiencies and revenue while managing credit risk and produce those reports on a regular basis
o Effectively works cross-functionally with teams outside of risk
o Works with Internal Audit / External Regulators, to ensure that documentation for all work processes is complete and up-to-date
o Ensures sound credit control by taking a pro-active approach to risk management within the risk guidelines of the Bank.
o Ensures the timely communication of issues that are relevant to the team and encourages a good working relationship with other internal and external groups.
• Generally an authority at the enterprise or group business level.
• Acts as the primary regulatory interface on risk issues and requirements for a key business segment of the Bank and assesses and provides direction for existing and new regulations.
• Collaborates with teams beyond risk in a cross-functional manner.
• Represents business on corporate initiatives and identifies key risks and implications in complex situations. Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position. Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree required; Graduate degree preferred or dynamic work experience in addition to experience below
• 10+ years' experience required in consumer credit card
• Proficient PC skills in MS Office and a variety of PC-based analytical and reporting software packages
• Experience with the use of Relational Databases and the process of Extract Transform Load (ETL) using common languages such as SQL or SAS
• Working knowledge of SAS Enterprise Miner, FICO Model Builder or Angoss Knowledge Seeker
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required to interpret data and draw conclusions
• Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing requirements
• Very strong attention to detail with ability to lead a range of tasks and prioritize
• Shown ability to build and maintain productive business/peer relationships
• Superb written and verbal communication skills
• Experienced in developing and presenting recommendations to Senior Management
• Analytics and/or Credit Risk Strategy design experience
• Consumer and/or Small Business Credit Card Experience
• Proven experience in handling and leading large analytical enterprise projects
leading large analytical enterprise projects Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.