Compensation Reporting and Analytics
- Not Specified
- Wilmington, DE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Feb 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
As an Associate within BlackRock's Compensation team, the position will work with a team of HR professionals in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. The role will partner with HR, Finance and our systems and technology colleagues to deliver effective reporting and analytics to the business on all aspects of BlackRock’s compensation programs.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Support the Global Compensation Team’s processes throughout the year through use of reporting, data models, system improvement/implementations, etc.
- Provide support on all aspects of annual compensation processes which will include firm wide reporting on compensation and analytics for C-Suite executives, the creation of compensation statements and data validation for year-end decision making
- Monthly financial bonus forecast and accrual for Finance Board of Director presentations
- Manage the annual compensation processes including, but not limited to corporate bonus pool allocation, base salary/equity budgets, compensation reviews and reporting and analytics
- Ensure all reporting requirements are clearly articulated and documented, and data is regularly reconciled/audited to ensure accuracy
- Support in new or existing technology initiatives such as guidance or recommendations for enhancements to excel models
- Become a “super-user” of BlackRock’s propriety Compensation System providing support for end users
- Maintain the year end Compensation System through validating data, preparing the system and coordinating go-live to end users
- Provide input into the enhancement and further development of the Compensation System to ensure a superior user experience
- Identify areas where the Compensation System can be further enhanced to automate existing manual processes
- Develop and build dashboard reports for the compensation team using Cognos Reporting Tool
- Support Global Compensation Partners in delivering upon all aspects of our compensation programs:
- Collaborate with Global Compensation Partners and HR Business Partners to complete non-standard ad hoc compensation-related inquiries and analyses
- Maintain access for managers and business approvers for all compensation related activities
- Partner closely with HR Platform & Analytics and Technology teams to design standard reporting in Workday
- Additional duties may include researching issues, special projects, or assisting Compensation Team in development and implementation of team initiatives
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent);
- Significantly advanced proficiency in MS Excel (e.g. Index Match, SUMIF/CountIf, Vlookup, nested IF statements, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Experience with Human Resources Information and Reporting Systems (e.g., Workday and Cognos) an advantage but not essential
- Compensation experience desired but not essential (financial services and/or consulting experience preferred)
- Strong and well-rounded project management experience, time management skills, attention to detail and ability to multi task with often competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills - able to express complex thoughts clearly and convincingly in writing, in-person, and in group settings
- Discretion in dealing with confidential information and prudence when interacting with senior-level leaders
- History of improving processes, being highly efficient, and leveraging technology
- Able to deal with complex financial/compensation data
- Self-starter constantly seeking and identifying process improvements and efficiencies
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.