Description About this role Network Operations Engineer
We are looking for a candidate who can work closely with regional and global teams to provide ongoing support for the global network infrastructure (on-prem and cloud)
Someone who can be security focused and ensure standard configurations are deployed in the infrastructure, call out any anomalies and spearhead efforts to remediate. As a Network Operations Engineer, you will:
What You'll Need:
- Work closely with regional and global teams to provide ongoing support for the global network infrastructure (on-prem and cloud)
- Be security focused and ensure standard configurations are deployed in the infrastructure. Call out any anomalies and spearhead efforts to remediate
- Implement and troubleshoot connectivity solutions for 3rd party client connectivity over MPLS, Leased lines, VPN and Cloud deployments.
- Maintenance and optimization of the global network infrastructure including Firewalls, F5's, Routers/Switches, Cloud.
- Assist in developing solutions and implement changes as necessary
- Perform network configuration changes in accordance with change management process
- Perform root cause analysis for service interruption recovery, creating preventative measures to deploy in the enterprise
- Create and maintain network documentation as it relates to network configuration, network diagrams and processes
- Review incident reports provided by vendors, as well as draft internal incident summary reports to senior management when called for
- Work closely with Engineering team is architecting solutions and in implementation of solutions
- Participate in vulnerability management process. Identify and implement solution to remediate TVAS issues
- Utilize JIRA for proper task tracking and in proactively identifying task conflicts
- Participate in on-call rotation, shift work and regular weekend work
- Five - six years' experience in IT infrastructure engineering/support role.
- In-depth knowledge of network routing and switching technologies and protocols
- Extensive Experience with various Cisco equipment, including routers (such as ISR 4K routers), switches (such as 6500, 3700, 4500, and Nexus switches) and firewalls (Checkpoint and Cisco)
- Experience with Cisco and Check Point firewalls, as well as web proxies, DNS and F5 load-balancers
- Routing Technologies including BGP, OSPF.
- Experience building VPN on Cisco routers and ASA
- Experience scripting and providing automation solutions for networks (Python, Ansible, Terraform) is preferred.
- Flexible and able to shift rapidly with an ever-changing environment
- Must possess ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and escalate issues effectively
- Outstanding written, verbal communication, as well as strong customer/client service skills
- Experience of working in a highly regulated environment.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple initiatives in the execution of daily operations
- CCNP Cisco certification or equivalent preferred
- MSFT Azure experience preferred.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock's current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what's important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our "One BlackRock" culture means you'll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work - wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.