Associate, HR Operations
- Not Specified
- Wilmington, DE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Feb 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The US Leaves of Absence Program Specialist, Associate, plays a key role in supporting the firm’s employees during critical periods in their lives. This person will help employees understand leave options available that will contribute to how they manage work-impacting life decisions. In addition to serving as a resource to employees while on leave, the role also involves managing the leave from start to finish.
We are seeking a high energy, self-motivated individual excited to work in a fluid, fast-paced environment based in our Wilmington, Delaware office. Given the collaborative culture at BlackRock, this person should feel comfortable working with teams and engaging across functional areas.
This role will be a member of the Americas Benefits Strategy team, which manages, designs, communicates and administers BlackRock’s best-in-class benefits program. This role also has a direct impact on employee satisfaction with HR’s services and brand within the firm.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for employees, managers and HR as it relates to all leaves of absence cases (FMLA, disability, personal, military, parental and supplemental leaves) in accordance with federal and state statutory requirements and BlackRock policies
- End-to-end and day-to-day management of the leave for the employee: primary interface to vendor and BlackRock payroll, benefits operations and contactHR teams as necessary
- Partner with internal adjacent groups such as Employee Relations, Legal & Compliance, and Benefits Operations on issue escalation to ensure a positive outcome
- Partner with payroll department to ensure employees are compensated accordingly due to particular leave offsets
- Maintain accurate records of employee leaves in full legal compliance; calculate, compile and validate leave pay files for payroll submissions by working with partner HR groups and the vendor
- Ensure 100% compliance on a US Federal and State level where BlackRock has offices; keep current with emerging best practices
- Create reporting and insights on US leave of absence trends for review with groups inside and outside of HR
- Work closely with contactHR and BlackRock communications to ensure all US leave information is online and perform ad hoc projects as needed
- BA/BS degree Human Resources or related field. PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in leave of absence administration in a large company with a strong employee and risk centric culture
- Application of state and local laws relative to Leaves of Absence, Leave Administration
- Demonstrated understanding of human resources policy, practice and legal regulations
- Ability to maintain highest degree of confidentiality relative to personal health information and salary data
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (written and verbal), including ability to take complex subject matter and make it simple to understand
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment with multiple competing priorities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Expert Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Organized and detail-oriented with strong time management and multitasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, logically and analytically
- Knowledge of Workday a plus
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.