App Fraud Data Analysis Lead
- Wilmington, DE, USA Wilmington DE US
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays - US
- 14 Mar 18 2018-03-14
The Fraud Strategy &Analytics team is responsible for the development of fraud risk strategy, analytics, and the fraud control framework for Barclaycard's US portfolio. The team is responsible for on-going strategy delivery and implementation which includes effective delivery of budgeted fraud losses and the delivery of an industry leading Point of Sale customer experience.
Overall purpose of role
In support of the Senior Manager, the role holder is responsible for maximising Fraud data and analysis capability in order to optimise the effectiveness of our Fraud strategy and policy across all products and all fraud types both for third party and first party fraud.
- As a Fraud Risk Analysis Lead, within this high-profile team, you will take ownership of loss/Impairment related to application fraud. This role along with other team members will be responsible for all loss mitigation efforts including identifying risky population for review by operations, setting up application rules to prevent such applications from getting booked, working with fraud operations, working on new system migration or tools to prevent such losses and other related activities.
- This analyst will also collaborate with other areas like 2nd line of defence, fraud operations, strategic services, project management, controls, governance and business partners.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Work closely with Fraud Operations in management of Fraud cases volumes by closely tracking fraud case volumes against forecast and communicating any increment/reduction in fraud cases to Fraud Operations.
- Communicate any gaps in Fraud case management to Fraud Operations team
- Collaborate with Fraud Operations team in identification and subsequent mitigation of Fraud trends.
- Accountable for communicating proposed strategies and for delivering appropriate reporting and MI to relevant business stakeholders
- Present results from monthly review of fraud strategy demonstrating areas of strong performance and areas that require significant improvement to Head of Fraud Strategy & Analytics
- Participate in Bank wide projects as representative of Fraud Strategy & Analytics team.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Strong analytical ability to identity fraud patterns through data and manual assessment of high dollar fraud cases
- Require good fraud instincts in development of fraud strategies anticipating the potential impact to genuine customers while preventing fraud losses
- Ability to carefully assess and made good judgemental decisions with regards to deletion or modification of existing fraud rules especially when there is no conclusive data to support the decision.
- Ability to understand the entire process flow for fraud strategy and operations controls to be able to evaluate impact from specific system/business changes on the overall Fraud detection
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Personal attributes essential to performing role including competencies, expertise, knowledge, and experience. Note: experience requirements must not be in the form of years (minimum or otherwise).
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- 4 year bachelors college degree
- 5 year's work experience in Financial industry, Fintech, or Ecommerce Risk or Master's degree with 3 year's work experience in Financial industry, Fintech, or Ecommerce Risk or identity fraud management
- 3+ years programming experience in SQL/SAS/Unix/Oracle programming
- 3+ years of experience in performing data and statistical analysis for fraud strategy development and management under risk management function
- 3+ years of experience working with mainframe based Financial Account Management systems like TSYS and First Data
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Credit card experience strongly preferred especially in risk management function
- Experience in Card fraud detection strongly preferred, but not required
- Bachelors or Master's degree in a quantitative discipline like Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research
- Strong analytical skills, technical skills in SAS/SQL and statistical skills with proven ability to process vast amounts of data into meaningful information
- Experience building and managing strategies on Fraudnet-41st Parameter or another rules engine a plus, but not required
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations
- Strong communication skills & ability to work independently
Purpose and Values
Barclays has a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays and five core Values which underpin it.
Our Purpose is helping people achieve their ambitions in the right way. Put simply this is the answer to the question 'What is Barclays for?' and it should guide our every action as employees.