Description About this role About this role
BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a variety of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®!
This role is part of our Web Tech and Engineering (WTE) group at BlackRock. Our team's core mission is to increase operational scale and regulatory compliance while modernizing technology for BlackRock's public websites and associated fund data. The services leveraging this platform reach millions of end investors every day delivering timely, accurate and reliable fund data. We view our group as central to BlackRock's future and as a strategic asset to transform the Wealth management industry. Job Role
We are looking for a detail oriented, self-motivated, and collaborative Fund Data Specialist to join our global Web Tech and Engineering (WTE) team. You will be responsible managing the flow of our Model Portfolio products from our upstream Portfolio Managers and Strategists down through to our internal and external distribution channels. The ideal candidate will use their knowledge of financial instruments and markets to build an excellent understanding of our product offering and technology platform. You will need to have excellent communication and proficient negotiation skills to work with a broad group of often senior executives in Product, Sales, Marketing, Technology, Legal and Compliance to ensure that we represent our product in the best possible way. Finally, you will need to analyze, manage, document and execute operational and technology changes to support Blackrock's ever evolving product offering. Key Job Responsibilities:
Required Skills & Experience
- Interact with various stakeholders to understand the data needs of their product and deliver solutions which address the specific requirements of a product or business.
- Aid in the formation and execution of platform changes to translate business requirements into scalable technology solutions.
- Manage the delivery of solutions from ideation to completion, including testing and ongoing support of applications.
- Manage existing production systems and processes, while implementing strategic solutions that help to create common data products that can be used throughout WTE.
- Be the subject matter authority on Fund and Model Portfolio data and teach other teams how to navigate the firm and implement scalable changes.
- Liaise with business areas to provide end user support and training.
- Partner with WTE team members, Onboarding, Product, Legal, Compliance, and other groups on everyday processes to help meet the channel's needs.
- Work closely with members of the Engineering team to develop new ideas and concepts, and to constantly find opportunities to improve existing processes.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized, accurate, and detail oriented.
- Experience with product management and/or software development.
- Experience of producing detailed business requirements documentation.
- Ability to grasp complex systems and focus on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Experience in Financial Services or Investment Management.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, economics or finance-related field.
- Experience with Big data/stream data related technologies with Apache, Spark (Core, SQL, and Streaming), no-SQL databases like Cassandra and MongoDB, and Microsoft Azure are a plus
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.