Description About this role About BlackRock
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Thrive in an environment that fosters positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $10 trillion of assets we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. Team Overview
This team is part of the Global Loans and Alternative Services team within Business Operations. The core focus of the team is to support private investment trade execution, provide consistent data capture related to our alternatives platform, and disseminate the data to various stakeholders. We offer clients strategies designed to provide returns across various asset classes including private credit/direct lending, middle market loans and private debt markets. Our alternative investment capabilities are fully integrated into BlackRock, allowing investment teams to capitalize on the firm's considerable resources in areas such as risk management, product development, client service and operational support. Role Responsibility
- Provide trade support and execution functions for private investment funds, including monitoring internal and external teams to ensure accurate and timely execution;
- Foster a relationship with back-office support professionals at private fund managers/private companies as well as their administrators and agents, including frequent communications regarding trading and amortization activity;
- Liaise with external service providers, internal team members and other BlackRock groups to resolve operational issues, as identified;
- Work with Business teams to facilitate cash management, capital activity, and investment funding processes;
- Interact with Portfolio Management, NAV Oversight, and Client Servicing / Reporting teams as needed to address investor queries and investment-level funding issues;
- Support the onboarding of new alternative investor mandates, investments, and vehicles, including informing & implementing processes for investment/trade lifecycle management, cash management, reporting, and reconciliation;
- Find opportunities for technological innovation and enhancements to processes;
- Identify risk areas and implement/improve risk-mitigating controls
- Assist with preparation and review of reporting deliverables and ensure deadlines are met;
- Ensure the team's process documentation and controls are updated and reviewed regularly;
- 1-3+ years' experience in the fields of operations, accounting and/or administration with a particular focus on alternative investment funds;
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred but not required;
- A proficiency in Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experience multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment;
- Highly organized and able to adapt to variable deadlines;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities; and
- Outstanding work ethic required along with demonstrated success in high performance or high demand environments.
- Above all, the candidate must possess initiative and a willingness to contribute beyond the scope of one's role to achieve team and firm objectives.
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.