Description About this role
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world. BlackRock's mission is to create a better financial future for our clients. We have a responsibility to be the voice of the investor, and we represent each client fairly and equally. Constant communication with a diverse team of partners strengthens us and delivers better results for our clients. Continuous innovation helps us bring the best of BlackRock to our clients. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Aladdin® is an operating system for investment managers that seeks to connect the information, people, and technology needed to manage money in real time. The Aladdin platform combines risk analytics with portfolio management, trading, compliance, and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making, effective risk management, efficient trading, and operational scale. Aladdin is used by a community of over 200 institutional clients around the world, including BlackRock. There are over 50,000 end users of Aladdin globally. The team is comprised of 800+ professionals responsible for implementing and supporting our Aladdin clients, sales and marketing, and ensuring the Aladdin Community maximizes Aladdin products through engagement and education.
We are seeking an Aladdin Relationship Manager to work closely with Aladdin clients to be their trusted consultant, problem solver, and business partner - and to take full advantage of Aladdin. Key responsibilities include:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Own relationships with client teams including senior management (e.g. Chief Investment Officer) to understand their business objectives and needs, and help them use Aladdin expertise to achieve their firm's goals.
- Be an extension of the client's in-house team to build and lead projects and coordinate resources across multiple functional areas and share knowledge relating to Aladdin models, functionality, workflows, and market best-practices
- Partner with the client, as well as Aladdin Product Managers, developers, and financial modelers to support client development needs and assist with deployment of new models, analytics, and reporting across our broad range of financial products and investment styles.
- Build strong internal relationships within BlackRock Solutions, and the wider BlackRock globally, in support of your clients
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of work experience in the financial services industry
- Strong interest in FinTech, with prior knowledge of databases
- Familiarity with buy-side investment management workflows
- Proficient in market trends
- Working understanding of equity, fixed income and derivative markets, and analytics
- Experience advising Clients on portfolio strategies, portfolio optimization, risk assessments, and attribution
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts simply and clearly to clients
- Ambitious approach to large, complex projects, with a flair for problem solving
- Self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment and works well as part of a multi-disciplinary global team
- Experience with SQL, UNIX, VBA , C++, PERL or similar tools, and/or Aladdin
- CFA, FRM, CIMA, or CAIA certification
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.