AML/KYC Onboarding Associate- DEL
Description About this role
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a world-class provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a variety of solutions - from thorough fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing performance to highly efficient indexing strategies crafted to gain broad exposure to the capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through various product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs. Technology & Operations:
With operations all over the world and a range of investment products and services, BlackRock is one of the most sophisticated financial services organisations servicing clients today. In an effort to achieve operational excellence, Technology & Operations ensures BlackRock's operations are consistent and efficient across investment products, client channels and regions. Technology & Operations comprises a number of groups including Global Client Services which includes OnBoarding (Implementation and Contracting), Billing, Client Reporting and Client Order Management. Team Overview:
The KYC/Onboarding team forms a key control function within Technology & Operations. We perform AML/KYC customer due diligence and sanctions screening for clients executing investment management agreements directly with a BlackRock entity globally. We also handle various processes relating to updating AML KYC data and documentation and provides sanction screening against updated authorized signature lists. Role Overview:
The role is to join our KYC OnBoarding
team as an AML/KYC Onboarding/Refresh Associate.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing in depth knowledge of BlackRock's AML/KYC policies as well as providing an excellent client experience during the on-boarding of new clients within BlackRock. You will support a growing area in a dynamic and ambitious environment. You will work closely with Sales teams, Client Experience Management and partner with Legal & Compliance to handle exceptions and ensure compliance with BlackRock's AML/KYC policy. Responsibilities:
- Contributing to the successful implementation of the AML/KYC team strategy and vision.
- Partnering with the sales and service teams to on-board new clients efficiently as possible.
- Ensuring clients meet applicable AML/KYC requirements and that the appropriate AML/KYC process is followed for all new client to mitigate risk to BlackRock.
- Partnering with Legal & Compliance to handle exceptions and ensure policies to raise issues are appropriately followed.
- Accurately collecting and recording relevant AML/KYC data on an ongoing basis and maintaining the AML/KYC data and documentation platforms.
- Testing development and improvements to AML/KYC platforms.
- Ensuring that all completed AML/KYC documentation is accurately filed, stored and retrievable.
- Supporting the AML/KYC data requirements of client periodic reviews.
- Participation in the development and implementation of continuous improvement of the control environment, policies and procedures, looking for ways to innovate and drive the business forward, delivering an outstanding client experience.
- You have at least 1 year experience with respect to AML/KYC compliance and the on-boarding of clients within the asset management industry. Experience of dealing with clients more generally would also be beneficial.
- Knowledge and understanding of AML/KYC laws and regulations preferred (but not essential)
- Experience with Lexis Nexis Bridger, and/or other sanctions screening and risk rating systems preferred (but not essential).
- Ability to independently manage your own workload.
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to connect with both internal and external clients at all levels and across geographies.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and presentation skills.
- Great teammate - both with regards to your direct team as well as with those whom you support.
- Possess excellent time management and prioritization skills with the ability to manage effectively expectations of internal and external clients.
- Flexible and open to accepting new challenges; able to work effectively and efficiently on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, exciting and constantly evolving environment while maintaining the highest standard and attention to detail
- Proven track record to balance client needs with policies and operational procedures; possess excellent regulatory and technical awareness in order to understand associated risks and provide innovative, risk-free and compliance-friendly solutions.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.