Description About this role The Company
Are you a financial operations professional with relationship management experience searching for a rewarding and dynamic opportunity with the world's largest asset manager? Do you pride yourself on building strong relationships, working alongside of business partners and bringing strategic operational solutions to fruition? Look no further! BlackRock's Global Provider Strategy (GPS) team is pursuing an Associate to join our team. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your skills, eagerness, and passion while giving you freedom to grow professionally and as an individual. Team Overview
BlackRock's GPS team is responsible for using BlackRock's scale, industry knowledge, and risk management capabilities to build and expand partnerships with leading financial institutions, achieving the delivery of high-quality service to our firm's clients. To achieve each of these goals, GPS develops and implements a forward-looking provider strategy designed to increase operational efficiency, provide risk and cost visibility, and provide flexibility as our business evolves, leading to an enhanced client experience. To balance our relationships, GPS executes a global provider governance model that combines quantitative and qualitative components, encompasses a consistent engagement program between BlackRock and our partners, mitigates operational risks, and sets parameters for the selection of new partners. Role Description
We are looking for an outstanding teammate to join GPS as part of the Provider Risk and Performance team. They will drive strategic priorities with our post-trade providers to develop risk centric programs that protect our firm, funds and clients. Key Responsibilities
To ensure success, we are looking for the following qualifications
- Key interface in GPS to providers, functional fund oversight teams, and internal constituents, particularly related to our provider governance programs
- Drive the enablement of our platform, strategic initiatives and business management activities across the team and Technology & Operations more broadly
- Proactively address risk and utilize metrics to hold providers accountable for service excellence
- Collaborate with the GPS relationship management team to drive RFP/ activity, along with KPI/SLA preparation and review;
- Develop positive relationships with key BlackRock groups and leaders ensuring governance programs are fully understood and adopted;
- Construct documents and presentations to be used with regulators, fund boards, and BlackRock's risk constituents, presenting our program and associated findings
- Stay ahead of industry developments and ensure BlackRock is well positioned to use the scale of our business model
- Constantly evaluate systems, processes and procedures for inefficiencies and make recommendations for improvement
- Support the analysis and reporting of our provider spend to functional leadership
- BS/BA degree in accounting, finance, economics or a related field, advanced degree preferred
- 7+ years of relevant investment industry experience with emphasized focus on risk mitigation and/or vendor management activities
- Ability to self-manage workloads and work to deadlines, proven team member, and has strong attention to detail
- Banking or Securities or Investment Management experience within audit, regulatory compliance, enterprise-wide risk management, legal or business risk consulting desired.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to run effective cross-functional meetings
- Strong organizational and planning skills, including the ability to multitask
- Ability to structure and scope sophisticated problems and apply a range of analytical tools to develop solutions
- Ability to think outside-the-box and contribute to the identification and implementation of improvements to the way in which we operate
- Ability to lead projects and work in a dynamic evolving environment with the expectation of meeting Fiduciary needs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.