eDiscovery Lawyer (Washington, DC)
Job Description & Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers is looking for a motivated and experienced eDiscovery attorney who is interested in joining the firm's General Counsel office in Greenwich CT, Chicago, IL or Washington DC.
The successful candidate will be assisting the firm's General Counsel and Legal team in managing the Interactive Brokers' overall eDiscovery program, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with attorneys on day-to-day eDiscovery tasks for IB's litigation matters and investigations, such as document preservation, relevancy scoping, clustering and de-duplication, search terms and reviews, document review protocols, application of advanced analytical tools, overseeing document review teams, and preparing privilege logs.
- Supervise eDiscovery vendors across IB's case load, and ensure quality, consistency, and cost-effectiveness across our law firms on eDiscovery-related tasks and projects.
- Help ensure that eDiscovery tasks are being handled at the right level at law firms and vendors, and/or handled in-house where possible.
- Be involved in early assessment and strategy regarding scope, risks, budgets, vendor engagement and use of technology.
- Work with IB Programmers and Compliance to help develop solutions to address the issues that drive up eDiscovery costs.
- Keep current on technology in eDiscovery, including increased use of Technology-Assisted Review.
Company Overview Interactive Brokers
- 7-10 years post-J.D. experience at a law firm, financial services regulatory agency, exchange or broker-dealer.
- Extensive experience with ESI collection tools and eDiscovery Platforms (i.e., Relativity).
- Extensive eDiscovery Experience, including deep fluency in technology-assisted review, including predictive coding.
- Member in good standing of the bar of any U.S. state or the District of Columbia.
- Solid academic background.
- High degree of comfort and fluency with computers and technology, and understanding of how technology is applied to business and regulatory problems.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a small-team environment work independently and multi-task with minimal supervision.
a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees. (if hyperlink is deactivated please copy https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899 to your browser)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info