US Financials Industry Editor, Deals
US Financials Industry Editor, Deals The Role:
The news team covering U.S. financial institutions is seeking an editor to fill a newly created position focused on deals. This editor will follow M&A and capital markets trends and help develop story ideas. In this role, you will have the opportunity to dig through our robust data set in an effort to identify new developments in the world of dealmaking involving banks and other financial services companies. This editor will take charge of our recurring deal-related features, which include some of our most well-read content. Location:
New York, Washington, D.C. or Charlottesville, VA; Remote considered based on experience The Team:
You'll collaborate with more than 20 writers and editors focused on the financial industry, as well as analysts and data journalists. The editor will work with writers who have varying levels of experience. One day you'll need to rewrite an entire story, identify a buried lead and provide coaching advice to a more junior reporter. The next day you might just have to polish an article written by a senior reporter. The Impact:
Our real-time, subscription-based news service reaches an influential readership that includes the executives of companies we cover, major institutional investors, regulators and almost all of Wall Street's leading investment banks. With a focus on data-driven content, you can uncover emerging trends that help decisionmakers shape strategic plans. What's in it for you:
- Use our unmatched data to tell stories while receiving support from in-house data journalists and subject matter authorities.
- Develop leader and mentorship skills.
- Join a global team of journalists and editors passionate about news.
- Brainstorm with colleagues who share deep knowledge and passion about the sectors they cover.
- Enjoy a casual working environment.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Suggest deal-related story ideas.
- Improve content structure and flow of stories filed by writers.
- Ensure we're meeting deadlines on recurring features.
- Develop concepts for new features.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $55.9k to $127.7k. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . What we're looking for: Basic Qualifications
- 5+ years experience working as an editor or reporter.
- Strong editing skills and a strong command of journalistic practices (AP style, libel issues, etc.).
- An affinity for analyzing numbers, using in-house data intelligence, financial reports and other industry information.
- Strong communication skills: You will need to be able to deliver feedback effectively to reporters across the globe.
- This role is limited to persons with the indefinite right to work in the United States
S&P Global Market Intelligence
- Business journalism experience.
- Writing and editing background.
- History covering U.S. financial institutions.
- Knowledge of financial market and economic trend analysis
- Experience leading remote teams.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence. Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law. #LI-AF1
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
260163 Posted On:
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States