Sr. Public Policy Officer
Public Policy Americas is involved in advising senior management as well as running and providing advocacy & analytical services regarding US federal legislative and regulatory matters impacting the Bank.
This role will be responsible for a broad range of issues relevant to the Bank, reporting to the Head of US Public Policy. Applicant will engage in policy matters pertaining to: Banking regulatory policy; capital markets and securities; tax; cybersecurity/fintech; data privacy; asset management; and the swaps markets. Work closely with the US Public Policy team in their engagement with US policymakers, as well as with the Bank's business divisions and subject matter authorities when representing the Bank before key decision makers in Washington D.C., including Congress and regulators. Position would require registration under and full compliance with the Lobby Disclosure Act.
- Excellent foundation in legislative and regulatory processes
- Outstanding understanding of and familiarity with key House and Senate Committees responsible for financial related legislation
- Tracking and analyzing legislative and regulatory proposals and final agency actions
- Advocacy before the legislative branch, regulatory agencies, and administration
- Research and writing related to legislative and regulatory proposals
- Advising senior management on meaningful matters
- Support for various client focused initiatives
- A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills to effectively represent bank before various business partners (Say: legislative offices, regulatory agencies, and trade associations.)
- Equivalent work experience of at the least 5- 7 years in private and/or public sector!
- Ability to learn complex issues quickly, and a great teammate with proactive attitude.
- Must excel in a fast paced environment!
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.