Senior Editor, Renewable Energy
Senior Editor, Renewable Energy The Location:
Washington, D.C., / Virtual The Grade
(for internal use only): G10 S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
From climate change to cybersecurity to economic growth, the power sector has an enormous impact on society. As an editor with the energy news team, you will deliver breaking news, collaborate on in-depth features and help develop our coverage strategy for the fast-changing electric power and renewable energy industries. The successful candidate will be a collaborative team player with sharp news judgement and excellent editing skills. The Career Opportunity
: You will have an opportunity to help further develop our coverage of the renewable energy industry and the energy transition. Your insight will be crucial to defining our coverage and building our team. All editorial roles provide possibilities to move up the career ladder to enable you to take on new and varied responsibilities. The Team:
With more than 300 journalists across five continents, S&P Global Market Intelligence is rapidly growing its coverage of financial and sector news. In this role, you will lead a team of three energy reporters while collaborating with other news staff across the globe. The Impact:
Our real-time, subscription-based news service reaches an influential readership that includes electric utilities, the renewable energy supply chain, policymakers as well as many leading financial players. What's in it for you:
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Competitive benefits including four weeks of paid vacation, 20 weeks paid parental leave and generous tuition reimbursement.
- Learn about the market dynamics of an important sector.
- Increase your responsibilities, including editorial strategy, mentoring and editorial leadership.
- Be part of a team that has a deep knowledge and passion about the industry sectors it covers.
- Enjoy a casual working environment.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $61.5k to $127.7k. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For Basic Qualifications:
- Edit news articles for accuracy, style and content.
- Adhere to daily and weekly deadlines.
- Shape your team's daily content by developing fresh story ideas and delivering sharp, concise content and prioritizing news coverage.
- Coach and mentor team members.
- 2+ years editing experience, 5+ years journalism experience,
- Strong editing skills and a strong command of journalistic practices (AP style, libel issues, etc.).
- An affinity for analyzing numbers, using in-house data intelligence, financial reports and other industry information.
- Strong communication skills: You will need to be able to deliver feedback effectively to reporters across the globe.
- Ability to work independently.
S&P Global Market Intelligence
- Business journalism experience.
- Management experience
- Knowledge of financial market & economic trend analysis
- Experience covering the energy sector.
- Experience leading remote teams.
- Fluency in English necessary. Knowledge of at least one other major European language is highly desirable.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence. Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
261292 Posted On:
Washington, District of Columbia, United States