Senior Editor, Power News
Senior Editor, Americas Power News Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 10 The Location:
Houston, Washington D.C. The Team:
You will report to the Americas power news manager and will work closely with a team of experienced journalists, editors and other news managers. You also will collaborate with multiple other commodity news teams, as well as with analytics and commodity pricing in a fast-paced newsroom environment that is congenial and professional. The Impact:
Houston-based reporter covering the Americas power sector during a period of rapid change, including accelerating renewable power generation growth and widespread commitments by most industry participants to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Candidate will cover a large geographic US power market region and will track significant energy transition and renewable power trends through a variety of established trackers and data-journalism supplements. The role includes a variety of content types, such as in-depth analysis/features, breaking news and digital media (podcasts and blogs). What's in it for you:
The Platts culture emphasizes growth and development, and rewards initiative. It values curiosity about the energy market and resourcefulness in reporting market insight to customers. You will broaden your experience by covering major industry events, writing in-depth news and features, developing graphical content, creating your own special projects, and collaborating with a broader team of global news and market reporters and analysts. Training is available to aid development of all aspects of your career. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $ 55,900 - 116,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Write concise intra-day and daily breaking news and analysis on key developments relevant to the US power market for Platts' publications, websites and real-time alert services.
- File copy that is well-researched, accurate and clean (spelling, grammar and style).
- Collaborate with other reporters, analysts and price team members to provide timely market insight, leveraging Platts' commodity price benchmarks, proprietary data and analytics.
- Produce content from a variety of events and situations, including webinars, conferences, regulatory meetings, legislative hearings, as well as climate disasters, such as hurricanes, winter storms and wildfires -- including weekend coverage when market impacts are significant.
- Work with design/production, analytics, cartography teams to produce graphics, infographics, and tables and charts of relevant data to enhance content.
- Develop a broad and diverse industry source base.
- Contribute frequently to digital media activities (e.g., blogs, podcasts).
Must have extensive English-language reporting, news writing and editing experience. A commitment to the highest journalistic standards is expected. Data analysis and data visualization skills are important. Must be a h ighly motivated and productive team player.
The person who will succeed in this job will be passionate about data journalism, reporting, understanding complicated subject matter, and explaining it clearly and concisely for a time-starved audience. Resourcefulness and independence in someone who collaborates well with others is what we're looking for. Basic Qualifications:
- Five-plus years of reporting/writing experience, preferably in energy markets, but also as a broader business or financial journalist.
- Flexible journalist able to cover developments from various regions in the Americas as needed.
- Concise writing style, numerate.
- Bachelor's degree required. Journalism, Economics, Business and/or Finance.
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
261456 Posted On:
Houston, Texas, United States