Senior Editor, News - Market Intelligence Insight
S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
Senior Editor, News - Market Intelligence Insight Grade
11 ( relevant for internal applicants only ) The Location:
Charlottesville, VA; New York, NY; Washington, DC The Team:
You will be part of a global team of editors, journalists, research analysts and data specialists, collaborating with colleagues both locally and remotely to publish showcase-worthy, data-driven insight across multiple sectors. The Impact:
What's in it for you:
- This is an exciting opportunity to join a new editing team that will conceptualize and drive strategy for differentiated business journalism and data-driven analysis. Our readers include investment bankers, buy- and sell-side analysts, industry executives and regulators who rly on Market Intelligence offerings to make decisions and set priorities for their day.
- As Senior Editor, News, you will work closely with the Managing Editor, News, to support the development of showcase content that engages and delights our customers. You will be part of a team of seasoned editors leading thematic and data-focused editorial projects. While it will focus on news and analysis, your team will also review internal and external presentation material and edit sector-focused research as needed.
- Collective ownership is key to success. You and your team will partner closely with editorial counterparts in Research and Data Visualization to produce a well-aligned spectrum of coverage including event-tied journalism, data-driven analysis and in-depth research. You will develop strong relationships with sector-focused journalists, analysts and researchers across News and Research teams to ensure our showcase content aligns with broader sector strategy.
- The right candidate will be able to work autonomously while also valuing collaboration and understanding the importance of contributor and stakeholder buy-in. You must have strong organizational and project management skills, as you will have ownership over high-visibility content and projects.
- Strong decision-making ability is required. This role will be responsible for high-profile, high-stakes content that will often have rapid turnaround requirements. You must also value strong editorial governance and demonstrate a risk-aware mindset.
- This role offers an excellent opportunity to help lead innovation in investment-focused journalism and analysis.
- You will hone your proven organizational skills and apply your editorial strengths in your day-to-day work.
- You will also utilize your analytical skills and take on a range of responsibilities in a global news and research operation.
• Optimize digital content to drive usage, discoverability and client value.
• Communicate effectively with journalists, analysts, researchers and production designers.
• Edit articles and PowerPoint presentations, using in-house content and process management tools.
• Review spreadsheets, tables and graphs to ensure consistency with written text.
• Maintain technical expertise with evolving systems and platforms. What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
• BA required. Study of English, Communications, Journalism or related fields a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written English-language communication skills as well as some facility with basic financial math.
• Proven organizational skills.
• At least 5 years' editing experience in business journalism, analysis and/or research.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to deliver and receive constructive feedback. Preferred Qualifications:
• Background editing data-driven feature content.
• Experience working in a global team spanning multiple geographies and time zones.
• Strong understanding of editorial process and policy. Compensation/Benefits Information:
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $67,600 to $190,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence. EOE Statement:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
259226 Posted On:
Washington, District of Columbia, United States