RIA Compliance Professional
- Washington D.C., DC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Interactive Brokers
- 22 Mar 19
RIA Compliance Professional
Job Description and Responsibilities
Greenwich Advisor Compliance Services Corp. (Greenwich Compliance) helps advisors trading on the Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. platform meet their registration and compliance needs. We offer resources and services to assist advisors with issues ranging from registration to day-to-day compliance and can help advisors of all stripes, from established registered advisers to those just starting their own firm. We are looking to expand our team by adding a motivated and talented compliance professional familiar with the compliance obligations of SEC- and state-registered investment advisors, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and similar state statutes.
- Responding to registration and compliance questions from current and potential investment advisors.
- Working with advisors to prepare their SEC and state registration filings, including Form ADV filings.
- Working with advisors to draft their compliance manuals, codes of ethics, and other written policies and procedures.
- Interacting with the SEC, state regulatory agencies and other regulatory bodies in connection with efforts to get investment advisors registered.
- Drafting various written materials for use by advisors to help them meet their compliance obligations and/or respond to regulatory inquiries.
- Drafting web content and periodic releases on compliance issues of interest to investment advisors.
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED AT OUR WASHINGTON D.C. OFFICE.
- Ideal candidate should possess at least two years of work experience but no more than 5 years of experience. Candidates with experience related to investment management compliance issues at a regulator, industry association, compliance firm, an investment advisory firm, or another broker-dealer or FCM are preferred.
- Solid academic background.
- High degree of comfort and fluency with computers and technology, and understanding of how technology is applied to business and regulatory problems.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop compliance solutions that satisfy relevant regulations while executing sound business judgment.
- Ability to proactively engage a diverse group of clients.
- Ability to work in a small-team environment and independently and to multi-task with minimal supervision.
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (IEX: IBKR); is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 31 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 797,000 trades per day.¹ Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
¹Figures as of September 30, 2018.