Manager - Accounting Policy
- Washington D.C., DC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 12 Mar 19
This role is responsible for the delivery of timely and value-added technical accounting support to stakeholders across the organization. Executes technical accounting research and participates in, or leads, special projects.
Our client provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. They are a leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home and are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving the company, and leading change to make housing better.
- Delivers guidance and advisory services to stakeholders in connection with the application of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to new, significant or non-routine transactions executed by the Company including, but not limited to, securitization, investing, funding and financial risk management transactions.
- Prepares technical accounting analyses that must be well documented, soundly reasoned and demonstrate a clear understanding of covered business activities.
- Establishes and maintains strong, collaborative working relationships with finance partners and other stakeholders in order to understand the business and to provide ongoing guidance on new business initiatives.
- Monitors standard setting developments in GAAP that could impact the Company's accounting policies, practices and disclosures.
- Participates in the presentation of interpretative views to management that pertain to new or non-standard transactions or standard setting developments in GAAP.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders in driving the implementation of new accounting and reporting requirements while ensuring that the Company's accounting policies comply with new authoritative guidance.
- Reviews business requirements for new systems, provides direction on systems development (related to accounting functionality) and supports testing efforts on an as needed basis.
- Reviews select disclosures to be made in the Company's financial statements and collaborates with financial reporting resources to ensure accuracy and completeness of such information.
- Participates in the development of and delivery of internal accounting and reporting training courses
- CPA License required (MUST HAVE)
- Experience in the financial services industry required (MUST)
- Public Accounting experience required
- Working knowledge of US GAAP guidance related to securitization, investing, funding and financial risk management transactions
Competitive base salary, bonus, and benefits along with optimal career growth.