Financial Technology Reporter
S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
Financial Technology Reporter The Location
: Charlottesville, Va.; New York City; Washington, D.C. area; WFH considered The Grade
(for internal purposes only): GL10 The Team:
Reporters and editors around the world collaborate to bring readers breaking news and in-depth reporting on the regulatory changes, M&A activity and business trends impacting the financial sector. We value creative thinking, teamwork, passion for news, curiosity and of course, stellar writing. The Impact:
As a member of one of the highest-profile teams in our global newsroom, you would cover the fintech and payments space, with a particular focus on the digital transformation of the banking industry, payments firms like PayPal and how regulators are keeping up with disruptive change. This position is perfect for a self-starter who wants ownership of one of the most exciting beats in business journalism.
Our readers are watching as fintech firms increasingly disrupt traditional banking models and regulatory regimes. Our stories dive in behind the headlines to inform decision-makers in the public and private sectors with analyses and data they can't find elsewhere. What's in it for you:
- Ownership of a fast-paced, dynamic beat with a growing, engaged reader base: One day you might be hustling to follow up on a $30 billion merger in the payments industry, the next exploring whether online lenders are making riskier loans than their traditional bank counterparts.
- Grow your source base and industry knowledge by attending conferences and events around the country.
- Use our unmatched data to tell stories while working closely with in-house data journalists and subject matter authorities.
- Opportunities to collaborate with, lead and mentor other reporters and team members.
- Be part of a global team of journalists and editors passionate about news. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $55.9k to $127.7k . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Responsibilities:
- Break news on fintech firms.
- Write follow-up stories on merger activity and major company developments.
- Track developments at major financial regulatory bodies related to fintech.
- Juggle multiple assignments with different publication timelines.
- Write spot coverage of breaking news, earnings and regulatory developments.
- Craft data-driven stories on the trends shaping the fintech and digital banking space.
- Brainstorm ideas to build our coverage in collaboration with editors and data journalists. What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Excellent writing skills
- 4+ years of business journalism experience
- Openness to editorial feedback
- Drive to beat the competition to the big stories Preferred Qualifications:
- 2+ years covering financial technology
- Understanding of M&A transactions and capital markets
- Experience with data analysis
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
259139 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States