With a vision to develop a cleaner alternative to fossil fuels, the Company is now the world-leader in production and holds the 2nd largest portfolio in the marketplace with respect to sales & trading. Their mission is to offer utilities a fuel to replace coal, enabling them to generate power without interruption while reducing their greenhouse gas emissions.
Role Responsibilities for Director of Commercial Analysis
- The role will primarily be responsible for developing and completing the existing short-term S&D models and creating a long-term S&D model.
- Must have significant experience developing highly quantitative models (VBA/Excel).
- Experience sharing information with executive teams and creating executive summaries on market trends
- Trading knowledge - creating tools that aggregate trading information; Back-testing information and back-testing trading strategies.
- This role will collaborate with Finance and Treasury for pricing credit metrics and creating credit strategies.
- Will generate KPIs -the sales team currently measures how many tons of product is sold and how much revenue is generated but they would like to dig in deeper.
- Identify market inefficiencies and optimise the portfolio.
Individual Attributes for Director of Commercial Analysis
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a quantitative, analysis or economic concentration.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; investment banking, financial planning & analysis, accounting/audit, complex sales or trading (FX, fixed income, etc.) or other contract-oriented experience is highly preferred.
- Strong operational or financial modelling skills and highly proficient PowerPoint - professional presentation experience. High level of comfort utilizing complex excel models is crucial.
- Extreme attention to detail, high level of curiosity, and interest in taking initiative to improve systems and processes are a must.