Credit Risk Senior Associate/Specialist
- Washington D.C., DC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Inter-American Development Bank
- 16 Oct 17 2017-10-16
The Credit Risk Management Unit (RMG/RMC) at the Office of Risk Management (RMG) is currently working on enhancing its tools for assessing the creditworthiness of issuers and counterparties used by the Bank’s Treasury operations. RMG/RMC also oversees and reports on the IDB’s non-sovereign guaranteed portfolio. We are looking for a research specialist with credit risk, investment management or banking background for a three-year fixed term staff position.
What you’ll do:
• Conduct research, provide analytical and data management support for the evaluation and reporting of credit risk in the Bank’s Treasury portfolios and the Bank’s private loan portfolio;
• Work closely with multidisciplinary teams in determining the appropriateness and defining guidelines for new investment alternatives, issuers, and instruments for the Bank's Treasury portfolio;
• Perform fundamental reviews of counterparties in selected sectors, including reviewing financial statements, regulatory filings, credit agency reports, and legal documentation;
• Secure data sources, analyze and summarize portfolio metrics for the ongoing monitoring and reporting on the private sector loan portfolio;
• Coordinate the analysis and documentation of the credit loss provisioning methodology for the private sector loan portfolio;
• Contribute to developing studies and proposals on various initiatives to strengthen risk management as part of RMG’s overall goals.
What you’ll need:
Education: Master's degree in finance, business administration, or relevant field.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in credit risk, investment management or banking. Advanced computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office software, i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Proficiency with database use, SQL and/or Access. Familiarity with rating methodologies a plus.
Languages: Proficiency in English and Spanish is required. Additional knowledge of Portuguese or French is preferred. Experience preparing documents, including the ability to draft well-written analyses and proposals.
Type of contract: Fixed Term Staff
Length of contract: 3 years
Starting date: November/December 2017
Location: Washington D.C.
Requirements: Candidates must be citizens of one of the IDB’s 48 member countries and have no family members currently working at the Bank.
Our culture: Working with us you will be surrounded by a diverse group of people who have years of experience in all types of development fields, including transportation, health, gender and diversity, communications and much more.
About us: At the Inter-American Development Bank, we’re devoted to improving lives. Since 1959, we’ve been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48 member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting-edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve on the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills, but also are passionate about improving lives.
The IDB offers a competitive benefits and compensation package.
The IDB is committed to diversity and inclusion and to providing equal opportunities in employment. We embrace diversity on the basis of gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, and HIV/AIDs status. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.