Cloud/Data Solutions Engineer - AVP
Job Overview :
The Cloud/Data Solutions Engineer is an intermediate level position responsible for a variety of engineering activities including the design, acquisition and development of hardware, software and network infrastructure in coordination with the Technology team. In this role you will also be responsible for the design and delivery of technology platform and infrastructure solutions to enable the Citi product teams (Institutional Client Group and/or Global Consumer Banking) and functions achieve their goals for being the best for the client. The new employee will apply his/her technical knowledge and interpersonal skills to uncover challenges and identify/develop solutions, ideally repeatable, to solve those challenges. He/She will serve as the subject matter expert in Systems configuration, capacity planning, performance analysis ,automation and infrastructure planning. The overall objective of this role is to ensure quality standards are being met within existing and planned frameworks. Responsibilities:
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) on Streaming product (Kafka) Engineering, platform/service build, Configuration, integration, performance analysis, automation and optimization .
- Identify and analyze business requirements to integrate hardware, storage, operating systems and connectivity solutions in line with strategic direction.
- Design and impact timely delivery of resilient data service solutions that meet business requirements and are stable, resilient, operationally supportable and cost effective
- Involved in creation of data service blueprints for internal customers, building and maintaining development patterns as well as designing production solutions
- Impact cost saves and cost avoidance by standardizing design solutions and exploring opportunities to recover unused capacity and exploring emerging technologies
- Contribute to the budgetary requirement definition for assigned product area, develop functional specifications, and create project plans and software release schedules
- Partner with business and development teams to identify engineering requirements and assist in defining application and system requirements and processes and maintain engineering relationships with the end user/client
- Ensure requirements/tasks from technology departments and/or end users are communicated to stakeholders
- Provide solutions and processes in accordance with audit initiatives and requirements and consult with Business Information Security officers (BISOs) and TISOs
- Exhibit in-depth understanding of engineering concepts and principles
- Assist with training activities and mentor junior team members
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Skills / Experience :
- A Must Have: Kafka familiarity and demonstrated experience of Data Streaming (Kafka)
- Experience with Data Integration /Data Modelling products/technologies in Middleware Data services domain in an enterprise environment. Your technical proficiency includes systems experience, strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, and issue management in a multi-platform environments such as On Premise, Private, Public(AWS/Google/Azure) cloud and Containers(OpenShift/K8).
- You hold Kafka Solutions engineer/architecture certification or experience in delivering cloud automation solutions using terraform, go, Ansible etc.
- You have hands on working experience and skills in languages such as (Java/C++), Python, Big Data, SQL/NO-SQL, Linux, scripting, networking & security protocols, automation and docker technologies.
- You have familiarity and demonstrated experience in DevOps scrum/agile methodology and using CI/CD tools such as JIRA, Bit Bucket, Jenkins, Helm, Harness, TeamCity and RLM/Udeploy.
- You have experience and demonstrated experience in software packaging and build methods including maven and ant.
- You have project experience migrating and deploying solutions in the applicable area of technical knowledge/expertise
- You have excellent social and organizational skills, able to handle diverse situations, multiple initiatives and changing priorities
- You have strong communication skills with the ability to influence manage and articulate clearly to project stakeholders and senior management
- You have a positive, do what it takes attitude to drive success
- Providing a great experience to your internal customers is important to you.
- You are a detail-oriented individual who has confidence with project tracking, reports, metrics and presentations. You are proficient with MS PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Project, or other analytical tools associated with project management
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in an Engineering role preferred
- Experience working in Financial Services or a large complex and/or global environment
- Project Management experience
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Comprehensive knowledge of design metrics, analytics tools, benchmarking activities and related reporting to identify best practices
- Demonstrated analytic/diagnostic skills
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and partner with virtual teams
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and take ownership of various parts of a project or initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and manage to tight deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Proven track record of operational process change and improvement
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Technology Job Family:
Systems & Engineering Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting