Central Intelligence Agency - Resource Analyst
- $53,435 - $95,570
- Washington D.C., DC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Central Intelligence Agency
- 22 Oct 17 2017-10-22
As a Resource Analyst for the CIA, you will work closely with mission experts, program managers and Agency leaders to strategically plan, develop, analyze and prioritize internal program budgets in support of CIA and Intelligence Community mission objectives. Resource Analysts serve as trusted advisors to CIA components, integrating best practices and leveraging collaborative partnerships to ensure value, impact and accountability in resource management across the enterprise.
Resource Analysts tee up internal business decisions, develop and implement program analysis methodologies to better evaluate mission impact, formulate and justify CIA's budget requests, assess key expenditure areas to identify efficiencies and adjust priorities, oversee operating year spending, and drive year-round strategic resource planning to inform decisionmaking and convey mission impact.
The CIA expects its officers to operate as a team and inclusively leverage expertise to accomplish mission. Therefore, you will work closely not only within your assigned component, but also with stakeholders and decisionmakers across the CIA, the Intelligence Community, the White House and Congress.
As a new employee, you will be introduced to the CIA through embedded assignments with mission managers to help you acclimate to the resource analyst profession, leveraging any professional expertise you developed prior to starting your CIA career. Together with the specialized training intended to build your CIA resource analysis tradecraft, these assignments will help forge a strong understanding of the mission impacts underpinning CIA's tactical budget formulation and its more strategic, out-year resource planning. Successively more complex assignments in a variety of mission areas will build your acumen as a well-rounded intelligence officer and resource management professional.
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Business Management
- Public Policy / Public Administration
- Business Information Systems / Management Information Systems
- Or, any major that requires students to develop and apply critical thinking, analysis and writing skills
- GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is preferred, but exceptions may be made for extenuating circumstances
- Strong critical thinking and analytic skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Ability to explain complex technical program issues to non-technical customers, often on short notice
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong initiative
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable working both independently and on teams
The following items must be attached to your on-line application (PDF format preferred):
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Writing sample, three (3) pages MAXIMUM, single spaced, that focuses on your current area of expertise or interests and is related to your interest in positions at CIA. You can excerpt from longer papers
ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE RELOCATION TO THE WASHINGTON DC METROPOLITAN AREA.
All applicants must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview and an extensive background investigation. US citizenship is required.
To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last twelve months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to twelve months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
Important Notice: Friends, family, individuals, or organizations may be interested to learn that you are an applicant for or an employee of the CIA. Their interest, however, may not be benign or in your best interest. You cannot control whom they would tell. We therefore ask you to exercise discretion and good judgment in disclosing your interest in a position with the Agency. You will receive further guidance on this topic as you proceed through your CIA employment processing.
Save the position(s) that interest you in the job cart. You can add up to four (4) positions. Job cart selections will only be retained during this site visit, so be sure to click “Apply Now” before closing the browser window. After clicking "Apply Now" you will be taken to the application account creation page. The positions will appear in the cart once you have created an account. DO NOT submit multiple applications; this will only slow the review of your application and delay processing. Please read the Application Instructions carefully before you begin the online application process.