Administrative Assistant & Proposal Writer
- Washington D.C., DC, USA Washington D.C. DC US
- Permanent, Full time
- Musculoskeletal Clinical Regulatory Advisers, LLC
- 11 Apr 18 2018-04-11
This is a multi-faceted position involving assistance with administrative operations of our Washington, DC office as well as supporting sales and marketing with developing proposals, reports, and other sales and marketing materials.
Musculoskeletal Clinical Regulatory Advisers, LLC (MCRA) is the leading advisory firm to the neuro-musculoskeletal industry with growing experience in other specialties. Founded in 2004, MCRA is headquartered in Washington, DC, with offices in New York, NY, and Manchester, CT, has more than 50 team members, and serves over 400 unique clients globally. The true value of MCRA is the integration of six business value creators for orthopedic & other medical/surgical specialties: regulatory, reimbursement, clinical research, intellectual property, compliance, and quality assurance. MCRA provides “first-in-class” services through its superior knowledge base, global surgeon and physician relationships, and deeply experienced management team.
This is an entry level opportunity to assist on the administrative operations of our Washington, DC office as well as work in a sales and marketing component as an assistant in developing proposals and other sales and marketing materials. You will experience working within a dynamic team of strong performers. In this fast pace environment, the proper candidate will be self-motivated, detail oriented, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a professional presentation at all times.
The right candidate will be highly motivated and also take instruction well and execute tasks efficiently. This person will have a can-do attitude and be solution oriented with the drive to grow and contribute to the company. The candidate must have advanced mathematical and computer spreadsheet capabilities. These advanced skillsets position the candidate for potential high growth opportunity as the business grows. The candidate will be responsible for handling all front desk responsibilities, and general administrative and clerical support to the entire organization with a focus on the Washington, DC office headquarters facilities and supporting administrative needs of MCRA’s departments with a particular focus on budget and proposal development and other tasks relating to business development.
• A Bachelor’s Degree with a Major in Mathematics
• Extremely Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint with an above average Excel skillset including experience with advanced formulas developing tables & formatting, conditional formatting, advanced charting, pivot tables & pivot reporting
• English as a first language
• Articulate and a good communicator
• Excellent writing skills, verbal skills and kind manners
• Highly organized with outstanding follow through skills
• Must have a consistent positive can do attitude daily with the ability to prioritize
• 1+ year(s) experience working in an office setting preferred
• Primary telephone coverage for main lines
• Welcome, greet, and direct all guests with a “customer service” level of professionalism
• Maintain the inventory and cleanliness of the kitchen, conference rooms/copy rooms and keep all rooms organized and clean
• Order and organize office and kitchen supplies
• Provide assistance to Senior Associate, Strategic Partnerships & Office Administration as well as other team members
• Special project work including but not limited to developing proposals and budgets where advanced excel skills are utilized
• Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/ deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
• Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding; coordinating printing.
• Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
• Maintain office equipment and process service requests
• Sort and distribute incoming mail and overnight deliveries. Process shipments.
• Provide assistance with client correspondence
• Provide assistance with the organization of office and filing systems
• Manage office and manage indexing of files on site and in storage
• Create and maintain index/library of files
Required Skill Sets
• Ability to take direction in a professional manner maintaining an attitude that no task is to big or too small
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to be comfortable and flexible in a constantly changing environment
• Easily adapt to new processes
• Excellent Communication skills
• Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential information
• Capacity to work independently, while also being a team player
• Ability to manage and prioritize a busy workload
• Extremely Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Self-motivated, trustworthy and reliable
40 hours per week, may vary based upon company needs
Includes Health Benefits & Vacation
For immediate consideration please send resume to email@example.com
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.