Trading Information Security Officer, Investment Engine
Bridgewater manages global investments for a wide array of institutional clients, including foreign governments and central banks, corporate and public pension funds, university endowments and charitable foundations. Bridgewater is a highly entrepreneurial company, driven to success by: its process, its people, and its culture. At Bridgewater, we have invented, and keep inventing, superior approaches to investing and technology. We have fueled this innovation by recruiting talented, creative people from all backgrounds and promoting an invigorating and collaborative work environment. We are committed to the constant pursuit of excellence, and the belief that a meritocracy of ideas, not hierarchies, drives decision-making. Key Departments Overview
Embedded within our Investment Engine, the Trading Information Security Officer partners closely with our Security department.
The Investment Engine Implementation teams are responsible for accuracy, reliability and efficiency across signal generation, portfolio construction, and trading execution. The Signals Team is responsible for deeply understanding the data that flows from the outside world into Bridgewater's trading systems. Portfolio generation is responsible for translating our market view into optimal portfolios, while focusing on risk and diversification. Trading Execution is responsible for implementing BW's views of the world, while minimizing transaction costs and information leakage. Collectively, these teams are responsible for the day-to-day operations of Bridgewater's front office.
Our Security department is responsible for protecting Bridgewater's people, culture, and ideas - specifically our Investment Engine, which manages over $160 billion in assets for institutional clients across the globe. We are implementing a three-pronged structure of staff, cyber, and physical security and investing in world-class practitioners and cutting-edge technology to help us hold the highest standards in the ever-changing threat landscape. We are committed to becoming the most innovative and formidable security team in the world. Position Summary
The Trading Information Security Officer is a key component of Bridgewater's strategy of forward-deploying security directly into the business. This individual will help shape how we understand, communicate, and mitigate the security risks of the Investment Engine I teams, and includes understanding and managing the risks introduced by third parties. This role demands an understanding of security risk analysis and audit, security controls across physical, staff, tech, and business domains, as well as security operations and management. The ideal candidate will have broad capability across all of these areas, with emphasis in hands-on risk analysis and auditing of security controls and processes. This role offers a unique opportunity for a dynamic individual to help Bridgewater build and run an excellent security program. Key Responsibilities
- Act as a security liaison between the Security team and the Trading department.
- Understand and communicate the key security risks of the Investment Engine department and our vendors/counterparties.
- Audit Trading and vendors/counterparty policies, procedures, and controls that protect Bridgewater IP and trade data.
- Identify and drive initiatives to mitigate identified security deficiencies within Trading and at our vendors/counterparties.
- Ideally, 5-10 years of security risk and internal audit experience in the financial services industry. A background in Information Security, Operations, or Audit/compliance with Banks, Prime Brokers, or Fund Administrators is also favorable.
- In depth knowledge of fundamental security principles, risk management, internal control principles, process control/improvement, risk, DR/BCP, security and regulatory compliance.
- Working knowledge of the global capital markets, products, processes, systems, regulations, and securities operations.
- Record of accomplishment successfully leading complex inter-departmental, multi-stakeholder projects.
- Strong business judgement and ability to effectively synthesize findings at both a strategic and tactical level.
- Ability to operate independently, manage milestones and deliverables, and hold others accountable to their commitments.
- Ability to capture, analyze, and maintain an accurate and complete account of information over time, draw meaningful conclusions and recommendations, and provide ongoing transparency to stakeholders.
- CISSP, CISM, or CISA certification strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of NIST 800-53 and ISO 27001/27002; Basel II, COSO, and/or ISO 31000 highly desired.
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Affirmative Action - Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment at Bridgewater is subject to an extensive background check.