Senior HR/ER Business Partner
Bridgewater Associates is a global leader in institutional portfolio management and the world's largest and most successful hedge fund. At Bridgewater Associates, we are focused on having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into expertly constructed portfolios and meaningful relationships with institutional clients. Our track record of success for more than 40 years is grounded in our distinct culture, which brings together great people and enables them to operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency.
Based in Westport, Connecticut, Bridgewater manages more than $160 billion in assets for approximately 300 of the world's most sophisticated institutional investors, including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, foreign governments, and central banks. Our Culture:
Bridgewater's unique success is the direct result of our unique way of being. We want an idea meritocracy in which meaningful work and meaningful relationships are pursued through radical truth and radical transparency. We require people to be extremely open, air disagreements, test each other's logic, and view discovering mistakes and weaknesses as a good thing that leads to improvement and innovation. It is by continually striving together for the highest levels of truth and excellence that we create meaningful work and meaningful relationships. Within this culture, Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority because it is essential to finding the best talent in the world, enabling our idea meritocracy, and creating an environment where all types of people can thrive. We have a full-time team as well as affinity networks that work on these issues - If you would like to learn more, please let your Bridgewater recruiter know. About the Human Resources Department:
Human Resources is responsible for enabling managers to achieve excellent employee lifecycle management. We design the hire to retire processes, manage employee risk, provide subject matter expertise and analytical insights. We also work to ensure we are attracting world class talent by working with the Bridgewater leadership to support our inclusive environment and provide benefits that best take care of employees and their loved ones. About your Role:
We are currently seeking an outstanding HR/ER Strategic Partner to join our Employee Relations team. The candidate should be client-service oriented with the maturity and initiative required to develop strategic relationships. This individual will be responsible for providing excellent thought partnership to managers and employees through both HR Business Partner and Employee Relations responsibilities, with an emphasis on protecting Bridgewater, ensuring managers have the human capital information required to make good business decisions, and ensuring employees have an experience consistent with our Principles. Reporting to the Head of Employee Relations, the selected candidate will be leading a client population of between 350-500 employees.
In this role, Senior Business Partners will partner directly with senior leaders across the company to ensure that these goals are achieved excellently. They will work with some of the most sensitive and complex employee issues and be expected to problem solve, think independently, and help ensure risks are appropriately considered and mitigated. You will drive the following responsibilities:
Why Choose Bridgewater?
- Understanding the business and providing thought partnership to managers on human capital needs, HR policies and processes, talent planning and performance management to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
- Mitigating legal risk and ensuring adherence to regulatory compliance and Bridgewater policies by recommending appropriate action in response to performance and employee relations issues (e.g., sexual harassment, ADA, FMLA, disciplinary action)
- Forming partnerships with internal and external employment counsel and the company's general counsel
- Ensuring managers are up to speed on critical employment law and ER policies/practices
- Maintaining a pulse on the morale and challenges of employees within their client groups
- Providing an overview of human capital issues/trends and guidance on optimal ways of addressing them
- Providing resources/tools pertaining to human capital management
- Collaborating with HR functional partners to execute human resources strategies to enable strategic objectives and support future business initiatives
- Analyzing trends and metrics, collaborates with experts to identify problems, develop solutions, and drive change
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered and access to additional concierge medical services
- 401(k) plan with generous employer match
- Paid time off, including fully paid parental leave and a competitive PTO package
- Workplace flexibility and access to back up childcare
- Daily transportation from and to NYC
- Financial assistance for family building support, including adoption and egg freezing
- Workplace wellness, including on-site gyms, free meals and healthy snacks, and meditation rooms
- An engaged and active community that includes many company events, affinity networks, and extracurricular interest groups
- And more
Bridgewater reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Bridgewater has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer