Senior Campus Recruiter, Investment Engine
About the Recruiting Department
The goal of Bridgewater's Recruiting Department is to be the best talent acquisition organization in the world. Finding top talent not only sustains Bridgewater's position as one of the top investment management firms, but also positions the company for the continual innovation necessary to solve tomorrow's problems in a rapidly changing world. Bridgewater's Recruiting Department is responsible for partnering with a diverse set of internal business units to build and evolve their organizations by meeting their talent demands and cultivating an exceptional candidate experience. About Your Role
As a Campus Recruiter, you'll help us achieve our mission by conveying Bridgewater's unique value proposition as you hook and hire top university talent, build meaningful and productive relationships with candidates and clients, and develop the university networks and talent market expertise that drive excellent hiring results. Please note that this role requires occasional travel, as well as evening or weekend events.
You will be a click for the role if you:
- Tend to thrive in dynamic environments, thanks to your agile mind, curiosity, and strong common sense
- Have a high EQ - you can quickly size people up and skillfully navigate conversations with all personality types
- Act like an owner - you're goal-oriented and driven to not just ideate but also implement plans, adapting as needed to produce results
- Have passion for understanding and navigating the ever-changing talent market
- Are open-minded, appreciate direct feedback, and revel in intellectually rigorous environments
You will drive the following responsibilities:
- Becoming a campus recruiting virtuoso, seeking to deeply understand talent markets as you collaborate with campus researchers, managers, and clients to create innovative and effective strategies to find, hook, and sell top-tier students who are strong fits with Bridgewater
- Holding compelling, accurate conversations about Bridgewater's professional opportunities and embodying its culture as you build and sustain relationships with students, professors, and career service representatives students, professors, and career service representatives
- Partnering with a Campus Coordinator to ensure all hiring logistics and processes are handled flawlessly
- Ensuring each candidate has an unparalleled recruiting experience that signifies the opportunities and unique value proposition that Bridgewater offers
- Creating an excellent university presence and reputation by spending significant time on campuses networking, generating leads, honing our understanding of the student body, and ensuring assessment days run seamlessly
- Keeping a strong pulse on the status of your candidate portfolio and performance metrics, and synthesizing this portfolio for clients and managers
- Building cross-departmental relationships, learning the company's internal systems, and constantly seeking to systemize processes to hone a world-class, holistic recruiting program
In this role, you will grow with us by:
- Sharpening your ability to navigate and solve tough problems, becoming more effective as you learn about your own strengths and weaknesses
- Developing leadership and management skills by helping to guide a Campus Coordinator and enabling their growth as a recruiting professional
- Working within a department responsible for one of the top strategic priorities of the world's largest hedge fund, learning its business as you work with different groups across the company
- A bachelor's degree with a strong academic record (any field of study)
- 2-to-5+ years of professional experience - recruiting, sales, customer service, or management is a plus but not required
- Track record of success in a rigorous environment with tight deliverables and high standards
Bridgewater Associates is a global leader in institutional portfolio management and the world's largest and most successful hedge fund. At Bridgewater Associates, we are focused on having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets and translating that understanding into expertly constructed portfolios and meaningful relationships with institutional clients. Our track record of success for more than 40 years is grounded in our distinct culture, which brings together great people and enables them to operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency.
Based in Westport, Connecticut, Bridgewater manages more than $160 billion in assets for approximately 300 of the world's most sophisticated institutional investors, including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, foreign governments, and central banks. Our Culture
Bridgewater's unique success is the direct result of our unique way of being. We want an idea meritocracy in which meaningful work and meaningful relationships are pursued through radical truth and radical transparency. We require people to be extremely open, air disagreements, test each other's logic, and view discovering mistakes and weaknesses as a good thing that leads to improvement and innovation. It is by continually striving together for the highest levels of truth and excellence that we create meaningful work and meaningful relationships. Within this culture, Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority because it is essential to finding the best talent in the world, enabling our idea meritocracy, and creating an environment where all types of people can thrive. We have a full-time team as well as affinity networks that work on these issues. If you would like to learn more, please let your Bridgewater recruiter know. Why Choose Bridgewater?
It takes all types to make Bridgewater great. We seek a diverse group of innovative thinkers and push them to engage in rigorous and thoughtful inquiry. We develop people through an honest examination of their abilities and performance, enabling personal growth and professional development. We strive to provide you opportunities that will challenge you and unlock your potential.
One of our core priorities at Bridgewater is to enable our employees to build a great life and career, and we believe our benefits are an important extension of that philosophy. As such, currently Bridgewater offers a competitive suite of benefits including:
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered and access to additional concierge medical services
- 401(k) plan with generous employer match
- Paid time off, including fully paid parental leave and a competitive PTO package
- Workplace flexibility and access to back up childcare
- Financial assistance for family building support, including adoption and egg freezing
- Workplace wellness, including on-site gyms, free meals and healthy snacks, and meditation rooms
- An engaged and active community that includes many company events, affinity networks, and extracurricular interest groups
Bridgewater reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations.
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Bridgewater has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer