Manager, Workplace Experience
Workplace Experience Manager Investment Engine Bridgewater Associates, LP
Bridgewater Associates is focused on understanding how the world works. By having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into great portfolios and strategic partnerships with institutional clients, we've built a distinct track record of success. We've done this for more than 40 years by having great people operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency. Today, we manage about $160 billion for approximately 350 of the largest and most sophisticated global institutional clients including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, sovereign wealth funds, and central banks. Position Summary:
The Workplace Experience (WPE) Manager is responsible for driving the evolution of workplace experience on behalf of the employees of Bridgewater's Investment Engine (IE). Ultimately, s/he ensures that the Investment Engine is enabled with regard to its long term real estate strategy, physical space, transportation, and other services that support the needs of the business in partnership with the Real Estate & Facilities Department.
The WPE Team is composed of three people and is part of the IE's larger Central COO Team, whose broader goal is to enable the core of the business to fulfill their responsibilities. The members of the WPE team are the WPE Manager and two individual contributors over whom the Manager will have supervision. In addition to his/her immediate team, the WPE Manager also engages regularly with senior leaders to stay abreast of the needs of the Business, as well as to provide updates on the status of key initiatives. S/he acts as primary liaison to our Real Estate & Facilities department.
The IE COO team is one that focuses on developing strong independent operators through day-to-day work as well as through external training courses. This environment presents many opportunities to further develop people management and project management skills, while working with a supportive team of experienced managers. Responsibilities Include:
- Manage the strategy and supervise the execution of workplace experience initiatives for the Investment Engine (IE), including long-term real estate (LTRE) strategy, physical space planning, hospitality, and transportation services
- Understand and represent the voice of the IE customer to Bridgewater's enablement teams and external vendors
- Develop a summary of workplace experience initiatives and their progress, keeping the Department Head, COO, and CAO informed through qualitative and quantitative measures
- Specific to space planning: gather space requirements from individual teams and partner with REF to formulate solutions and to drive necessary workplace evolution now and through time; project-manage re-stacks and moves varying in size and complexity
- Demonstrate quality leadership toward junior resources on the WPE Team and potential to become a manager to 2-3 direct reports
- 3+ years of professional experience in workplace experience, ideally with an emphasis on space planning
- 3+ years of general management experience (project management and management of a small team) with willingness to learn and professionalize in workplace experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication capabilities, in writing and in person
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position. | Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.