Finance Associate, Business Planning and Analysis
Bridgewater Associates is a premier asset management firm, focused on delivering unique insight and partnership for the most sophisticated global institutional investors. Our investment process is driven by a tireless pursuit to understand how the world's markets and economies work - using cutting edge technology to validate and execute on timeless and universal investment principles.
Powering this engine requires a diverse community of investment professionals, technologists, managers and other specialists. The firm attracts independent thinkers who share a commitment to achieving excellence in their respective lines of work and operating in our unique culture. Bridgewater was founded in 1975 and its principal offices are located in Westport, CT - an hour outside New York City. Our Culture
Bridgewater aspires to be an idea meritocracy in which radical transparency and believability-weighted decision-making allow the best ideas to prevail. Feedback is frequent and flows in all directions, meetings are recorded and shared, mistake-based learning is encouraged, and everyone is expected to uphold high standards of excellence and personal accountability.
Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) is central to that mission - to develop the deepest understanding of markets and economies we must find, retain, and grow the best talent across gender identity, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gained experiences, and more. To unlock the power of that diversity also requires an inclusive environment. In pursuit of this vision, Bridgewater has a full-time D&I team reporting to our CEO, vibrant affinity networks, and several companywide initiatives to drive progress. Ask your Bridgewater recruiter to learn more. About the Finance Department
Finance is the guardian of Bridgewater's financial resources. We seek to drive sustainable shareholder value by controlling, safeguarding, and optimizing use of the firm's financial resources. This responsibility is fulfilled by providing strategic partnership, insights and independent challenge along with the delivery of high-quality financial reporting, forecasting and analysis while maintaining effective and efficient operational control. To further Finance's impact, the Chief Financial Officer has launched an aggressive transformation platform to enrich insights, improve reporting, risk and control operations and ultimately develop more intimate, influential relationship with business leaders. About the Business Planning and Analysis Team:
The Business Planning and Analysis team serves as the financial partner to Bridgewater's business leaders. This team of elite finance professionals ensures that department leaders across BW have a holistic understanding of the financial impact of business decisions by engaging stakeholders on unique real-time analysis of financial data (incl. costs, budgets, forecasts, ROI analyses). The team is responsible to own the story behind the numbers, and use that knowledge to empower business decisions. The Business Planning and Analysis team also offers a critical, independent perspective; ensuring each dollar maximizes business outcomes and ultimately shareholder value. While each team members primarily partners with a specific business unit, these diverse financial experts often work with teams across the company, gaining unique insights into Bridgewater's business goals and processes. About Your Role:
The Finance Associate will be a critical driver of Finance's impactful relationships with Bridgewater's business leaders. The Finance Associate holds a clear story around the numbers supporting both regular management reporting processes, and also special strategic projects for the business. Putting together this story requires deep and high-level engagement with leaders across the company to understand business goals, and the independent thinking to engage those business leaders on questions around their metrics. The Finance Associate must operate critical financial processes, safeguarding BWs financial resources to maximize shareholder value, while simultaneously evolving processes to more effectively manage risks, improve financial insights and inform business outcomes. You will drive the following responsibilities:
You will be a click for the role if you:
- Partner with finance and business leaders to create annual and multi-year budgets, maintain and update forecasts based on real-time business decisions, and engage with business leaders on financial direction
- Conduct, compile and interpret financial analysis (including contracts, compensation, and ROI assessments) for a variety of stakeholders to inform decision making
- Serve as an independent financial control on spend, ensuring that each dollar is accounted for and spent wisely
- Partner with others across the company and finance department to continuously improve process and build on current operating model
- Possess an exceptional ownership mentality with a passion for problem solving
- Think analytically, logically and agilely; can quickly iterate in a fast-paced environment and high-performance culture
- Excel at relationship building across stakeholders
- Possess excellent independent thinking, ask questions and take the initiative to improve current processes and metrics
- Are highly organized, reliable and detail oriented
Why Choose Bridgewater?
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting with a strong academic track record
- Two or more years of relevant experience in business planning and analysis, FP&A or Accounting
- Understand and can interpret core financial concepts and reports (financial statements, forecasts, accruals, etc.)
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (financial modelling, pivot tables, management and formatting/visualization of high-volume data)
It takes all types to make Bridgewater great. We seek a diverse group of innovative thinkers and push them to engage in rigorous and thoughtful inquiry. We develop people through an honest examination of their abilities and performance, enabling personal growth and professional development. We strive to provide you opportunities that will challenge you and unlock your potential.
In this role, you will grow with us by:
- Analytical, logical problem solving supported by enhanced modelling skills
- Broaden finance expertise - controllership, budgeting, forecasting, etc.
- Stakeholder management, ability to partner with top executives
- Decision making, empowered and expected to think like a business owner
One of our core priorities at Bridgewater is to enable our employees to build a great life and career, and we believe our benefits are an important extension of that philosophy. As such, currently Bridgewater offers a competitive suite of benefits including:
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered and access to additional concierge medical services
- 401(k) plan with generous employer match
- Paid time off, including fully paid parental leave and a competitive PTO package
- Workplace flexibility and access to back up childcare
- Financial assistance for family building support, including adoption and egg freezing
- Workplace wellness, including on-site gyms, free meals and healthy snacks , and meditation rooms
- An engaged and active community that includes many company events, affinity networks, and extracurricular interest groups
Bridgewater reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations.
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Bridgewater has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer