Bridgewater Associates is a global leader in institutional portfolio management and the world's largest and most successful hedge fund. At Bridgewater Associates, we are focused on having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into expertly constructed portfolios and meaningful relationships with institutional clients. Our track record of success for more than 40 years is grounded in our distinct culture, which brings together great people and enables them to operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency.
Based in Westport, Connecticut, Bridgewater manages more than $160 billion in assets for approximately 300 of the world's most sophisticated institutional investors, including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, foreign governments, and central banks. Our Culture
Bridgewater's unique success is the direct result of our unique way of being. We want an idea meritocracy in which meaningful work and meaningful relationships are pursued through radical truth and radical transparency. We require people to be extremely open, air disagreements, test each other's logic, and view discovering mistakes and weaknesses as a good thing that leads to improvement and innovation. It is by continually striving together for the highest levels of truth and excellence that we create meaningful work and meaningful relationships. Within this culture, Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority because it is essential to finding the best talent in the world, enabling our idea meritocracy, and creating an environment where all types of people can thrive. We have a full-time team as well as affinity networks that work on these issues - If you would like to learn more, please let your recruiter know. About the Team
As part of the research team, the Signal Implementation group is responsible for owning and deeply understanding the data that flows from the outside world into Bridgewater's trading systems. About Your Role
As a Data Associate, you will help us achieve our mission by owning and deeply understanding the data that flows from the outside world into Bridgewater's trading systems. This means understanding the content itself, the process by which the content is updated and validated, and how this content fits into Bridgewater's understanding of the world. It is a very fast-paced environment, where you have to understand and apply judgement quickly on work that has direct impact on the firm's bottom line.
You will drive the following responsibilities:
- Understanding sets of investment "data concepts" - how outside data is used at Bridgewater from both a conceptual investment and technical construction perspective
- Accepting and engaging with new data as our systematized investment engine incorporates it
- Validating the accuracy of those data concepts
- Evolving these data concepts over time by improving the logic or technical definitions, contributing directly to improving Bridgewater's investment logic
- Working with Bridgewater's partners in the content supply chain (analytics, engineering, and technology) to address quality issues
- Partnering with our teams who research economic and investment concepts to own the data concepts
You will be a click for the role if you:
- Are analytical, highly logical, and structured in your thinking
- Have the ability to perceive problems and resolve them by identifying and weighting tradeoffs
- Hold a high degree of personal responsibility and ownership
- Have an interest in learning about financial markets data
- Enjoy learning about new data tools and programming languages
- Are able to consistently step back and improve your way of operating.
- Have a sense of pride, ownership and accountability in the work that you own.
- Weigh what they know and understand in determining confidence. Open to other perspectives than your own, without accepting illogical/irrational ones.
- Are able to reflect objectively on one's own behavior; step above oneself and see things from a higher level with a good understanding of their strengths/weaknesses in a particular situation.
- Are willing to stand-alone and escalate to fight for truth. Choose truth when faced with difficult choices.
Why Choose Bridgewater?
- 4-year degree from an accredited undergraduate institution
It takes all types to make Bridgewater great. We seek a diverse group of innovative thinkers and push them to engage in rigorous and thoughtful inquiry. We develop people through an honest examination of their abilities and performance, enabling personal growth and professional development. We strive to provide you opportunities that will challenge you and unlock your potential.
In this role, you will grow with us by:
- Undergoing a training program of structured classes and on-the-job apprenticeship.
- Taking ownership of increasingly complex systems and processes.
- Taking on oversight and mentorship responsibilities to grow talent as you gain experience.
- Opportunities to grow your career across Bridgewater depending on your strengths, weaknesses, and experience.
One of our core priorities at Bridgewater is to enable our employees to build a great life and career, and we believe our benefits are an important extension of that philosophy; as such, currently our company offers a competitive portfolio of benefits, including:
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered and access to additional concierge medical services
- 401(k) plan with generous employer match
- Paid time off, including fully paid parental leave and a competitive PTO package
- Workplace flexibility and access to back up childcare
- Daily transportation from and to NYC
- Financial assistance for family building support, including adoption and egg freezing
- Workplace wellness, including on-site gyms, free meals and healthy snacks , and meditation rooms
- An engaged and active community that includes many company events, affinity networks, and extracurricular interest groups
- And more
- Bridgewater reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations.
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Bridgewater has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer