- Competitive USD
- Torrington, CT, USA Torrington CT US
- Permanent, Full time
- Mountainside Treatment Center
- 07 Sep 18 2018-09-07
About the Position: The Senior Accountant supports Mountainside’s mid and senior-level managers and achieves Key Performance Indicators through the development and effective implementation of a broad range of Accounting programs and processes. This position will support CT and NY locations and will require occasional travel.
Senior Accountant – Full Time - Canaan, CT
Who We Are:
We are a dynamic, fast-paced and growing company that values innovation and an obsession with providing Best in Class service to our customers. Mountainside, founded in 1998, is a leading behavioral healthcare provider dedicated to treating alcohol dependency and drug addiction. Accredited by The Joint Commission and CARF for its high standards of care, Mountainside seeks out passionate and talented individuals to join its staff. We believe that every employee, regardless of position, plays a role in our success.
Who You Are:
You are energetic, customer-focused, data-driven and capable of balancing changing priorities. You are comfortable using remote technology and have experience with QuickBooks and Excel as an advanced user. You understand the importance of accuracy, attention to detail, and timeliness and you are comfortable setting priorities. You believe that you can contribute to the success of a company and are looking for a work family to join for the long term.
Provide collaborative support for managers, supervisors and employees to address the needs of the company:
- Prepare monthly financial statements.
- Maintaining adequate accounting records and controls, including contracts, workpapers, policies, and timelines.
- Oversee and support payroll processing function for the company. Ensure proper reconciliation of compensation, benefits, and regulatory filings.
- Supervise accounting staff, review work, and ensure successful execution of goals.
- Support departments in creating and maintaining budgets, report performance, and track trends of individual departments.
- Prepare Budget Variance Reports (BVR). Work as liaison with managers to reconcile actuals to budget.
- Analyze expense line items and control purchasing approvals in line with approved budget.
- Maintain compliance with Accounting policies, practices, records, and files in accordance with stated corporate objectives, accreditation and licensing requirements and state and federal laws;
- Adopt the Mountainside culture of providing a Best in Class Service to all of our clients.
- Comply with Mountainside procedures, policies and regulations relevant to your role. Undertake relevant training on Mountainside’s policies and procedures as delivered by your manager, Accounting or other departments.
- Hours are Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related, equivalent training and experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Accounting.
- Competitive salary; comprehensive benefit package; generous PTO; paid holidays; 401(k) with employer matching; free meals and access to on-site fitness center on our Canaan, CT campus; and employee wellness initiatives.
- Sign on bonus of $5,000 and relocation incentive available to highly qualified candidates.
Interested in becoming part of our family? Please Apply at www.mountainside.com/careers. Mountainside is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company is committed to making employment decisions without regard to any classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. We simply seek the best.