Risk managers will lead research efforts to identify opportunities for improved risk management, investment behaviour, and portfolio construction, with the goal of helping the firm deliver superior risk-adjusted performance. The paramount mission of the team is to protect the firm from improper levels of exposure and ensure that risk-taking is always efficient and deliberate.
· Ensure that risk-taking at the individual portfolio level and at the firm level is efficient and deliberate, by setting appropriate risk guidelines and limits. This task requires having a deep insight on correlations across various market factors as well as having an understanding of concentration and liquidity risk across all asset classes.
· Develop and maintain a framework for capital allocation to maximize risk-adjusted returns and profitability at the various business levels and at the firm level.
· Actively manage the firm’s risk exposures through weekly Risk Committee meetings.
· Lead research efforts to develop innovative risk management approaches, tools and analytics by leveraging the collective knowledge of the platform. The goal is to enhance the quality of performance and improve the firm’s risk-adjusted return.
· Enhance understanding of the Firm’s performance by developing intuitive and efficient frameworks for performance attribution and educating all internal constituencies on those frameworks.
· Manage and mentor Quantitative Analysts on the team.
· Five or more years of experience as a risk manager or a portfolio manager
· Detailed understanding of equities risk management, portfolio construction and trading
· Expert knowledge of quantitative finance and statistical programming with a strong familiarity of SQL and/or Python
· Intellectual curiosity and depth of skills enabling him/her to perform ad-hoc tasks and special projects
· High-energy and relentless personality with a desire to proactively ideate opportunities and the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to lead a team and work cooperatively with all levels of staff .
· Strong communications skills – an ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex ideas to senior management and portfolio managers is critical.
Please send a PDF resume to email@example.com