Tax Associate - Corporate
Jefferies LLCâ€™s Tax department seeks a highly motivated individual who will play a critical role in its Tax Accounting & Compliance group. Primary Responsibilities
Qualifications Experience and Skills Required:
- Preparation of the corporate U.S. federal income tax return including the preparation of all quarterly estimates and extension calculations.
- Maintain work papers for calculating book-tax differences (Schedule M-1/M-3 items) and inventory of deferred tax balances.
- Prepare the monthly, quarterly and year-end tax provision and effective tax rate. Assist with preparing consolidated and separate company tax footnote disclosures and documentation for 10-Q, 10-K and other regulatory filings.
- Interact and work directly with members of various groups within Finance (i.e., Controllers, Accounting Policy, External Reporting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Treasury, etc.).
- Draft written responses to tax authoritiesâ€™ inquiries and assist with tax exams.
- Follow the SOX control framework and ensure proper documentation of work performed.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a public accounting firm or large publicly traded corporation, preferably Financial Services
- Basic knowledge of Federal income tax and tax accounting principles in accordance with ASC 740
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required, including an attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task while insuring internal and external deadlines are met in a timely manner
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products. Advanced spreadsheet skills (data functions, pivot tables, macros) preferred.
- OneSource Tax Provision and CorpTax experience preferred
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Accounting
- CPA and/or Masters in Tax Degree (a plus)