Python Developer / Data Scientist
Market Intelligence is shaping Point72 for the future by combining the most innovative data sources, analysis, and investment tools with the Firm's traditional strengths at deep fundamental analysis of how companies and industries operate. Market Intelligence finds, tests, analyzes, and models alternative data; conducts deep fundamental research; and helps our investment teams generate alpha-producing ideas using our data and research. We produce investment insights by using machine learning techniques, fundamental company analysis, macro and sell-side research, and quantitative methodologies. What you'll do
As a Python Developer with the Market Intelligence team, you will support a team of researchers testing investment theses using both fundamental and alternative data and building systematic models to execute on the results of that research.
This job will give you the opportunity to utilize quantitative techniques to analyze and model proprietary and external data and research. More specifically, you'll:
- Code existing model prototypes into Python
- Identify and develop additional model processes
- Design data collection systems and strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Writing efficient, modular, and dependable code, packages, libraries, and scripts
- Documenting all work extensively and provide timely reporting to management on all projects and workflows.
- Have the opportunity to be involved across the lifecycle of analysis-related activities, including implementing requirements, collecting data, developing analysis, and monitoring performance and quality to identify improvements.
We take care of our people
- Strong quantitative skills, data management ability, research experience, and a commitment to acting with professionalism and integrity at all times. An undergrad, MS, or PhD degree in a quantitative subject (math, statistics, engineering, computer science, etc.) and financial market experience is preferred. More specifically, you should have
- High proficiency in Python and experience with a compiled programming language
- Strong knowledge of databases (MS SQL) and ETL frameworks
- Knowledge of financial statements, analysis, and models
- Experience working with fundamental and economic data feeds from major vendors, as well as alternative data sets
- Familiarity with a variety of statistical techniques including time series analysis, multiple regression, and Monte Carlo simulation
- Superb communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully-paid health care benefits
- Generous parental and family leave policies
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Tuition assistance
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
Point72 is a global asset management firm led by Steven Cohen that uses Discretionary Long/Short, Macro, and Systematic strategies to invest in eight offices across the globe. We look for people who want to build a career with us - people who want to innovate, experiment, and be the best at what they do - while adhering to the highest ethical standards.
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.