Operational Due Diligence Officer
We are looking for someone to be responsibilities for all aspects of business and operational due diligence on hedge funds for strategies covered including: equity long/short, statistical, systematic, convertible, merger arbitrage, trading, macro, credit, fixed income, and mortgages.
We are looking for someone who can:
- communicate and establish good working relationships with senior business personnel of hedge funds
- review documentation and conduct interviews (on-site with hedge funds) to establish facts pertaining to business and operational risk
- evaluate the overall quality of hedge fund systems, controls, infrastructure and personnel
- write detailed reports containing comprehensive information and analysis related to the business and operational environment at the hedge funds
- perform regular monitoring of ongoing investments
- Determine necessity of “as-needed” monitoring of current investments that undergo significant change over time
We are a dynamic team that works closely with the investment professionals to determine whether hedge fund investments are suitable for our portfolios. We are consultative in nature and focusing in on the business risks of a hedge fund. We conduct on-site visits will require some business travel in the US, and possible international travel to Europe and/or Asia.
- a background analyzing hedge funds or proprietary trading operations Big 4 Financial Services Sector Audit/ Consulting or Market/ Operational Risk from a prestigious Investment Bank or have worked in the back office of a hedge fund.
- familiarity with the different service providers and their roles with hedge funds
- 5-10 years post-qualified experience (although more exceptional candidates with less experience will be considered).
- familiar with back and middle office operations and systems
- well-versed in securities valuation and pricing analysis
- understanding of risk management methodologies
- dynamic, smart, hardworking, self-starter attributes
- an articulate and collaborative team member
- timely in task completion
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offer
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.