The VP OCIO Sales will be responsible for promoting, positioning and servicing SSGA's OCIO capabilities in the US marketplace. Principal focus initially will be in the US Institutional market but will expand as we target other market opportunities in the future. The VP Sales responsibilities include coordination of targeted sales efforts with the American ICG SRMs and consultant relations teams and the OCIO investment team.
The position will report into the OCIO Business. Working with the ICG, OCIO and Product and Marketing teams, the VP Sales will help define best client prospects for SSGA OCIO services. The VP Sales should be highly versed in our investment philosophy, vision, and service offerings and help articulate these qualities to the marketplace.
To succeed in this role, you must have a "business builder mindset" with responsibility for the end to end sales process. He or she, in partnership with internal stakeholders, will build out the mechanisms required to drive dialogue and sales including but not limited to investment collateral, thought leadership, competitive positioning and marketing. Where a relationship currently exists within SSGA, the VP Sales will closely coordinate activity with current coverage. In cases where there is no proactive outreach the VP Sales should engage directly with these potential OCIO clients.
The position will be located in either Boston, MA or Stamford, CT. He or she will have a demonstrated record as a business builder and team player attitude along with strong communication/collaborative skills, including working potential client C Suite management. A plus would be a working knowledge of the broader State Street organization and how existing bank client relationships could accelerate the OCIO sales efforts. Responsibilities and expectations:
- Lead and drive OCIO Sales effort
- Work closely with SRMs and Consultant Liaisons
- Work closely with ICG team members, internal SSGA teams and other stakeholders, including Global Product and Marketing Team
- Manage sales activities and OCIO pipeline
- Create a suite of collateral materials associated with OCIO strategies
- Develop pricing strategies in coordination with OCIO Business Leader for various OCIO service offerings
- Comfortable with presenting to C level suite company management
- Minimum of 10 years of institutional sales experience in the investment management industry
- Strong acumen and prior sales success
- Able to independently manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Excellent organizational, project planning and execution skills
- Experience in financial services and retirement markets is preferred
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Able to develop and maintain professional relationships with internal and external parties
- Willing and able to take leadership role
- Thrives in business building environment with changing priorities and sales goals accountability
- High business travel requirement
- Effective team player with positive attitude and ability to drive initiatives independently